Honeymoon Discussions

Pa-ree?

We're thinking of planning to honeymoon in Paris in May. What's a good area of the city to be staying in? We'll be booking our hotel on IHG points, but there are so many options that I have no clue where to start!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pa-ree?

• In general, I'd look for arrondissments 1-8 and 16. I like to be close to a Metro stop and with walking distance to at least some of the sites I am interested in. You can easily tell which arrondissment a hotel is in by the zip code- last two didgets. 
  • My favorite place is the Latin Quarter district.  With is in the 5 and 6 arrondissements. 

Likes Starmoon44 said, a place near the metro is key.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Awesome, so a hotel with 75006 is in the 6th?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have either of you stayed at the Intercontinental in the 8th?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always stay in the Latin Quarter.  It is authentic Paris without being sooo far off the beaten path that you can't hit the touristy spots too.  Close to a Metro stop is also key, but from most of the Latin Quarter, the center of Paris is an easy walk. 
  • drid said:
    Awesome, so a hotel with 75006 is in the 6th?
    Exactly.

The one on Ave Marceau? I haven't stayed there but the location is great. 
  • drid said:
    Awesome, so a hotel with 75006 is in the 6th?
    Exactly.

The one on Ave Marceau? I haven't stayed there but the location is great. 
    That's the one, we've got a ton of points to use up and can stay for free, so might as well go fancy right? Haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards