Connecticut

The Branford House

Hi! Has anyone gotten married at the Branford House recently or is planning to get married there soon and have had to use the UConn catering beverage service? I'm just curious what the pricing is! Thanks!!

Re: The Branford House

• Hi, you may have already found this, but if not, I'm happy to email you the pricing list they sent us. We're getting married there in 2017!
  • I'm curious to see it as well. They just implemented this "rule" early-Spring, and we booked in January (for 2017 Summer) before it was implemented but I'm wondering what their pricing is like if you wouldn't mind sending it to me!
  • edited August 2016
    I've tried to attach the word doc here, hopefully this works!

PS. Is the manager at Branford driving anyone else crazy? I sent in our contract and deposit last Friday and still haven't gotten a confirmation. Going to have gray hair by the end of this process.
  • I've tried to attach the word doc here, hopefully this works!

PS. Is the manager at Branford driving anyone else crazy? I sent in our contract and deposit last Friday and still haven't gotten a confirmation. Going to have gray hair by the end of this process.
    YES.  Katherine made me insane when we were getting married.  And nervous because I had all these questions about what was allowed and what wasn't and who would help with decorating etc etc.  Honestly my biggest piece of advice and my lifesaver was hiring a DOC.  I know at plenty of venues it's not necessary and we LOVED branford house but I honestly don't know what we would have done without one, and that's with a full service, high end caterer (Coastal Gourmet).  The only reason I knew to hire one was from reading these boards.  Katherine never suggested it but she sure as heck wasn't even at my wedding.  I don't think anyone from UConn was.  We ended up hiring Jen Strunk.  She was amazing and inexpensive.  Highly highly highly recommend.
  • So glad to hear that because I actually hired Jen Strunk last week! I had seen a few complaints about the venue coordinating and I'm a terrible planner myself so I figured it was a good idea.

Honestly at this point I'm just assuming she's out of the office or something. It's driving me crazy not to have an official confirmation but I know we're penciled in and that the deposit got there last Friday so hopefully we're set.
  • Not trying to concern you but we were penciled in on a date, and then there was an "oversight" with another office and we lost our original date (luckily they still had a few dates left) but I nearly lost my mind!! She can certainly be difficult to get a hold of but she usually responds by phone within a day, I'd definitely be persistent if she hasn't gotten back to you about it being confirmed!
  • That would be horrible. I'm talking with a few vendors and everything is based off of them being available on the date we've planned for. I honestly don't know what to do. The check and contract got there the Friday before last and I've emailed twice and called and left a voicemail and just nothing. We live out of state so it's not like we can just drop by.

This is the worst.
  • So Katherine finally called me this morning to finally confirm our date!! Thank god... I don't think I could have taken one more day of worrying. Now I feel like the worst is over!
  • So Katherine finally called me this morning to finally confirm our date!! Thank god... I don't think I could have taken one more day of worrying. Now I feel like the worst is over!
    Yay!  Congratulations
  • Is anyone getting married the weekend of 8/12/2017? We're on that Saturday, looking to see who else is on that weekend... Also can I ask what Jen's price is? I see posts about her all over this. I really want to hire a DOC but my mom just won't buy into it... it's driving me nuts!
  • WedBells4MelWedBells4Mel member
    First Comment
    edited October 2016
    I'm a Branford House bride and I also booked Jen!  @bccsnchz send me a message and I'll fill you in.  She's really reasonable.

Also, I know my wedding is still a year away (350 days!!) but so far, I've been really impressed with her.  I've had sort of a crazy week and she called my rental company to get something straightened out AND ended up getting me a lower price on the outdoor lighting I want, which I feel is above and beyond.  My mom was sort of "eh" about it too, but when she saw what Jen charges and how much she's helped me already, she was totally on board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards