Snarky Brides

Cupid Shuffle?

I went to find the registry of a friend and I found this on their wedding website:

"We are asking every guest to learn the Cupid Shuffle before the reception, it is an easy dance. The DJ will invite everyone on to the dance floor to dance the Cupid Shuffle and we would like everyone to join in. Check out the link below!"

I shouldn't be surprised since this is the same person who asked every one to wear a black dress and wear their hair up for her bridal shower...

Re: Cupid Shuffle?

• Geez. Play the song if you want, but don't make your guests learn it before hand. If it's so easy, they'll pick it up on the dance floor.
  • LOL, I actually like the Cupid Shuffle as far as group dances...but, I mean, the instructions are right there in the song...

• LOL, I actually like the Cupid Shuffle as far as group dances...but, I mean, the instructions are right there in the song...
    ... Yea. It's not a dance you learn beforehand. You learn it on the dance floor. 
  • dyerwise said:
    I went to find the registry of a friend and I found this on their wedding website:

"We are asking every guest to learn the Cupid Shuffle before the reception, it is an easy dance. The DJ will invite everyone on to the dance floor to dance the Cupid Shuffle and we would like everyone to join in. Check out the link below!"

I shouldn't be surprised since this is the same person who asked every one to wear a black dress and wear their hair up for her bridal shower...

Ha!  I would have showed up in full mourning with veil, sunglasses and black gloves!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • This is so cheesy. I don't understand why people do this. 
  • UGH so eyeroll worthy. I would boycott just out of spite, even though I know the dance.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My H's cousin had this played at her wedding, not a lot of people knew the song but lots wanted to try it.

BIL ended up being basically the one people watched to follow along. It's a fun song, but wtf?
    I coordinated a few songs with people - my mum wanted me to play 'locomotion' because I was obsessed with it as a child, and we talked to the BP and had them on board with helping start it. Ended up being fun and got people on the dance floor :)

Also, we had Time Warp - my mum, myself and MIL love broadway and love RHPS. I did ask ahead of time if some people knew it, so they knew to jump in.

Did we ask guests ahead of time to LEARN a dance? Fuck no. Not their job.
  • edited October 2016

Also, we had Time Warp - my mum, myself and MIL love broadway and love RHPS. I did ask ahead of time if some people knew it, so they knew to jump in.

I have so many pictures of me and my friends at various bar/bat mitzvahs doing the Time Warp, we were absolutely obsessed with RHPS and it was a requirement of every dance and party.

Now I really hate dancing, I don't do it if I can avoid it, I would be so anxious if I attended this wedding and knew the couple was going to be the kind to absolutely insist everyone get up and do it. It probably sounds ridiculous but I agree with @kimmiinthemitten, I would legitimately consider RSVPing no if I saw this request.
  • I have so many pictures of me and my friends at various bar/bat mitzvahs doing the Time Warp, we were absolutely obsessed with RHPS and it was a requirement of every dance and party.

Now I really hate dancing, I don't do it if I can avoid it, I would be so anxious if I attended this wedding and knew the couple was going to be the kind to absolutely insist everyone get up and do it. It probably sounds ridiculous but I agree with @kimmiinthemitten, I would legitimately consider RSVPing no if I saw this request.
    I love dancing, I just hate dances with instructions.

• Better than the Harlem Shake, I suppose. . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards