Wedding Woes

Ask Me Anything!!! {title edit to clarify}

edited November 2016 in Wedding Woes
Since it's a pretty slow Friday for this board, I wanted to try this out. I'm also relatively new, so this could be interesting :)

Ask me anything! :) Annnddddd go!

Re: Ask Me Anything!!! {title edit to clarify}

• I was drawn to your post because I didn't know what AMA meant, I thought there was some kind of music award show going on I didn't know about.

With Halloween just gone and more holidays coming up...What is your favorite holiday tradition that you/your family has (any holiday, not necessarily the winter ones)?
  • @missfrodo I'll fix the title, might be misleading :)

We use to have a lot of traditions but with deaths in the family, we have stopped a lot of them.

Christmas when I was young sticks out the most.
    Christmas eve was when I was first allowed to stay home alone because my dad was home about noon. He would sometimes pick up lunch for us, then he and I would wrap some last minute {my mum's usually} gifts and get everything sorted.
    Since my mum usually worked until about 4pm {either worked, or went out with coworkers for a gift exchange} my grampa would pick her up. They would come home, my dad and I would go pick up KFC for dinner. While we were gone, they would do what needed to be done for gifts or dinner set up.

Eat, watch movies, and bed. My dad always stayed up late to watch "Scrooge" with Alistair Simms {black and white version}

The morning I would be up. I could open stocking but nothing else until both parents were up. If there was something from them or Santa my grampa wanted to see, that gift was hidden away until he got up.

Breakfast, dressed, parents start dinner.

The rest of the day depended on some stuff. My uncles would come and do gift exchange and then my grampa would leave.
    My nana and poppa, aunt, uncle and cousin would come next. Some years they stayed for dinner, others they didn't.

That night was always a movie that I got and typically I fell asleep watching it.
  • Ooh fun. What made you choose your line of work?
  • Now that you've been married for a year or so, what one part of your wedding, good or not so good, now stands out the most to you?  Is it the same memory as it was in the days/weeks after the wedding, and if it is, has your perception of it changed?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• How'd you meet your H?
  • @charlotte989875  Technically I could have multiple jobs, but the one that I went to school for first - Administrative Assistant - was something I was somewhat forced into. I wasn't decisive in school, so in order to at least get some idea of a job, my mum had me do that course. The place I'm currently in a job at was never something I imagined I would enjoy, but end of the day I enjoy helping people.
    I also have certification for makeup artist, which I kind of look at as somewhat of a hobby/side job. I have gotten paid for it before, but I enjoy doing it. I call it my creative outlet ;)

@AtomicBlonde  Ooh! Tough question actually.
    I wish I had prepped a speech. Our MC kind of through us under the bus with that lmao!
    I loved the food choices we had, but out of nerves and just excitement neither H nor I were hungry.
    Favourite memory - {had to really think about this one} was probably our first dance. It sounds weird to say because everyone was watching, but it felt like an intimate moment between us. Even looking at the photos, you can tell neither of us really knew anyone was there.

Not so good memory - generally how anxious I was. I wish I hadn't been, I wish I was more calm. Walking outside and seeing him stand there, I actually said "Oh he's there!" {even though I knew he was there because they hid him when we pulled in} Not like I thought he would bail, but I was just so anxious {not nervous} that it was an 'anything could happen!' feeling
  • Oh I love that story!! Super cute and sweet!

My question isn't as deep as PPs questions have been - mostly because I have been cranking on a deadline all day and my brain is absolutely fried. 

What does the "Danger" in your user name mean?
  • @sparklepants41  surprisingly a deeper question than you intended.
    Very often, people would ask if A and I were related because of our friendship, probably because we banter a lot. After being asked enough, in high school we started calling each other the "Danger Sisters" and in notes we'd write "A Danger" or "Kitty Danger"
    Mine stuck and actually my legit name with Danger became my alter-ego when I drank because my personality was different enough to call it someone else.
    LMFAO!
  • Ignoring budget, design constraints, and any applicable laws of physics, what is one thing you wish your current home had?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @AtomicBlonde  Easy. Ignoring budget. Lmao! Ignore the budget and so much would get done. We want to finish the basement and paint the entire place.