Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses Question

Hi all...So I am not sure if this goes here or in Attire but I am putting it here so forgive me if its the wrong place....

I am going to gather ideas for my MOH and bridesmaids dresses this weekend and I am struggling a bit which is why I have waited this long to get into this matter...I have two fit athletic sisters, 2 average size girls, and 2 very plus size but loving women in my wedding party....my dilemma is they range from size 8 to size 22 and I don't think I can find a single dress they would all like and look beautiful in....

My biggest thing is I want them happy and feeling confident...I have been in weddings in dresses and been miserable and I love these girls and don't want that for any of them....so I set criteria....my criteria is: Long one length and Navy....I am fine with them choosing their own styles as far as the cleavage cut etc but would it look odd if all different or not as long as all Navy and one length long?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses Question

• Options
    Hi all...So I am not sure if this goes here or in Attire but I am putting it here so forgive me if its the wrong place....

I am going to gather ideas for my MOH and bridesmaids dresses this weekend and I am struggling a bit which is why I have waited this long to get into this matter...I have two fit athletic sisters, 2 average size girls, and 2 very plus size but loving women in my wedding party....my dilemma is they range from size 8 to size 22 and I don't think I can find a single dress they would all like and look beautiful in....

My biggest thing is I want them happy and feeling confident...I have been in weddings in dresses and been miserable and I love these girls and don't want that for any of them....so I set criteria....my criteria is: Long one length and Navy....I am fine with them choosing their own styles as far as the cleavage cut etc but would it look odd if all different or not as long as all Navy and one length long?

This is the current trend for bridesmaids.  Thank goodness, the days of matching Stepford bridesmaids in over!  My daughter had three attendants in various styles and shades of hydrangea blue.  It looked beautiful, and the girls were happy.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    No it will not look odd. DD had 5 BM all in short navy dresses. They looked great.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I also just gave a length and colour preference and then they chose whatever they wanted from there. They all looked great and it didn't look weird at all. 

ETA: one bridesmaid is loving, one is sassy, and one is hilariously inappropriate. Obviously they all dressed accordingly. 
  • Options
    When looking, find different styles. That will help each girl feel great in it!
    My girls were different sizes. They all ended up wearing the same dress and it fit great on each.
    Before having the girls make decisions, ask if this is something they'd wear again. Helps make choices.

Also ... commentary .... what?
  • Options

Ummm...what?

OP, I had 4 BMS and they each had a different style dress.  It made it more interesting and in no way strange.  All I dictated was X color and not shiny (as in not satin).  They all looked amazing!

• Options
    scribe95 said:
    I guess I'm "plus size but loving" as well. What a horrible thing to say.

I'm plus sized but not so loving of the OP...does that mean I can't be her BM?
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    I'm plus size, and the OP's post didn't bother me a bit.  NBD.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Twelve years ago - My girls all wore black. Different materials and different lengths. Different styles and formalities. It didn't look weird. Looked wonderful. Everyone got what they were comfortable in. Everyone spent what they were comfortable spending. Some had straps. Some sleeves. Some strapless.  Some bought bridesmaids dresses. One got hers custom made. Some bought off the rack at the mall. They were all beautiful and everyone (Im assuming) was comfortable. 
  • Options
    I went to David's with 3/4 of my bridesmaids, with the criteria that I would prefer chiffon and that it be one of three colours that I had chosen. I really did not care if they looked different... somehow they all ended up choosing the same dress in the same colour lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    missfrodo said:
    Viczaesar said:

What?
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.  OP, no need to add commentary to your friends' bodies, it comes across as very condescending.
    Are plus size women usually angry and hateful??

Your idea is a good one OP, even if your BM's were all the same size, it's best to let them select their own style. 
    I'm interpreting OP as meaning that the plus size women have to have great personalities because otherwise she wouldn't want them mucking up her photos.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    I told my BM's "cocktail length in midnight blue from David's Bridal". Honestly, looking back, I'd just give them a colour. Does it really matter if one wears short and another long?

I had a MOH, BM and FG. MOH picked a calf length satin dress with thick straps, BM picked a knee length strapless cotton dress. FG's dress was sparkly up top with a floaty chiffon bottom. BM was worried her dress wouldn't look as "fancy" as MOH's because of the cotton vs. satin, but the cotton dress had some sheen to it. I think they looked great.
  • Options
    I love mismatched bridesmaid styles and colors.

I personally don't like the look of mismatched length AND style AND color.  I think having a unified length looks fine and helps add visual cohesion.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    i do apologize for my wording....I meant no harm or hurt feelings. My girls and I am sure all of you are amazing women and nobody is defined by their shape or size by any means. I just meant varying sizes. Thanks for the great ideas and tips....We chose dresses as a group yesterday and EVERYONE is so happy! We are renting them from online and they have 4 choices in the same color and everyone seems excited thankfully! I appreciate it and again so sorry my wording came off rude. I wasn't sure how to word it because last thing I want is to seem arrogant and rude :( Hope you can forgive me. I know its no excuse but I'm also sleep deprived working 3 nanny jobs (one overnights too) to save money up for expenses that come up for the wedding and I'm scatterbrained about working then paperwork and planning this wedding....its midnight here I am going to bed soon but up at 6 for work again....Anyway Thank You all again and I am so sorry if I offended anyone I REALLY tried not to and didn't mean it!
  • Options
    And @ShesSoCold definitely not the case! My girls are very beautiful just as they are and I mean both inside and out! I was trying to put it nicely and I guess I didn't do that at all :( I have the BEST friends ever and we have changed over the course of our 12 years friendships but I love them no matter wha

@scribe95 I am very sorry this offended you and sounded so awful. Not my intention what so ever. I am bad with wording things and I tried so hard to make it sound better but I still blew it. Hope you can forgive me. I really don't care about anyones looks more than personality or anything like that. I am never judgmental and never want to disrespect anyone so I am very sorry. 

@CMGragainI appreciate you somewhat understanding but I do apologize don't want to offend anyone. I love and accept everyone and don't judge :)