Chit Chat

On a lighter note...

DH and I went to Costco for the first time yesterday.  Yeah, yeah, we are odd.

They had the Ninja blender system on sale and DH couldn't resist and just had to buy it.     Now I'm not much of smoothie person, but thought I would give it a try.  

I would appreciate any recipes you might have of your favorite smoothie.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: On a lighter note...

• I have three that I alternate. 

1 c kale
    1/2 banana
    1/4 c strawberries (fresh or frozen)
    1/2 c water
    1/4 c egg white powder
    1/4 c cucumber
    5 almonds

1 c spinach 
    1 c frozen pineapple
    lime juice from 1/2 a lime
    1/2 granny smith apple
    1/4 c egg white powder
    1/2 c water
    5 or more mint leaves

1 c frozen or fresh blueberries
    1 c milk
    5 or more basil leaves
    1t vanilla extract
    2 packets monk fruit in the raw
    1/4c egg white powder
    water until right consistency

For all of them I blend ingredients together adding egg white powder after other ingredients are blended. I also add ice because I like my smoothies thick and cold.
  • Woo, those sound good.   Thank you.      

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I make the same one every time.

Fresh or frozen banana, about a cup or so of frozen mangos, strawberries and pineapple, large handful of spinach, couple spoonfuls of yogurt and enough V8 fusion to make the consistency right. I like a creamier smoothie.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I was on a smoothie kick for a while. I didn't have specific recipes but I followed a formula. 
    Filled the blender with dark green leaves (spinich, arugula, spring green, kale, whatever I had), add 2cups of water and blend. Then I would add whatever frozen fruit I felt like and either a banana or avocado for a creamier drink. Apples are good too but can make it real thick. I like to freeze grapes and use them instead of ice cubes.
  • WELCOME TO COSTCO!!!

My fave smoothie is one generous handful spinach and/or kale, half of a granny smith apple, chopped, small handful of frozen peaches, and small handful of frozen berries.  Water to that line on the blender, and blend.  This is my go-to smoothie when I do a diet overhaul/life change/cleanse/re-boot.  I've never made it past like four days but it is tasty.
  • I was on a smoothie kick for a while. I didn't have specific recipes but I followed a formula. 
    Filled the blender with dark green leaves (spinich, arugula, spring green, kale, whatever I had), add 2cups of water and blend. Then I would add whatever frozen fruit I felt like and either a banana or avocado for a creamier drink. Apples are good too but can make it real thick. I like to freeze grapes and use them instead of ice cubes.

I do that with frozen strawberries.

For smoothies.

(whispered) and maybe fresh fruit margaritas/daiquiris also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine are pretty simple. Frozen strawberries slightly thawed in the microwave. A handful of spinach. Frozen orange juice concentrate to sweeten. Chia seeds. Sometimes, I add yogurt. If not, I have to add a bunch of water to thin it or else it will be too thick to drink. 
  • This is what I expected to see when I opened this thread ...

Side note, when we did smoothies typically it went like this:

1 or 2 cups o.j {not always - depends on yogurt and what fruit}
    1/2 500g of yogurt {vanilla or plain - always activia}
    1/2 blender of frozen fruit - mixed berry, strawberry or mango
    1 tablespoon vanilla matcha

Blend well.

Side note - vanilla matcha and oj tastes like a cream sicle {or better, because I hate cream sicles but love this}
  • This is what I expected to see when I opened this thread ...

Side note, when we did smoothies typically it went like this:

1 or 2 cups o.j {not always - depends on yogurt and what fruit}
    1/2 500g of yogurt {vanilla or plain - always activia}
    1/2 blender of frozen fruit - mixed berry, strawberry or mango
    1 tablespoon vanilla matcha

Blend well.

Side note - vanilla matcha and oj tastes like a cream sicle {or better, because I hate cream sicles but love this}
    I also make a creamsicle one with spinach orange section, vanilla extract, monk fruit in the raw and ice. It is delicious.
  • My concoction is pretty similar to others, though I lean heavier towards veg over fruit to have less sugar. Adding almonds or a scoop of peanut butter makes it so amazing! I also add fresh ginger root, carrot and parsley to mine for the health benefits. 
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup milk
    half banana
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    5-6 ice cubes (or more if you want)

Yummy chocolate fix for me, and only about 250-ish calories, so good for a snack

• We keep it simple. A few cubes of ice, 1/2 cup yogurt, 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, and 2 tsp honey. Add water to the max fill line and blend. We add either flaxseed meal or chia seeds depending on what was available at Costco most recently. They end up around 300 calories or less, with 12+ grams of fiber. And very tasty. 

WARNING: You can make excellent milkshakes with them. It's very dangerous. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Two cups of Greek yogurt + a small pack (or however much of a small pack will fit) of frozen berries (your choice)
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • edited November 2016
    One of my besties swears by this to keep colds away:

1/2 pound fresh pineapple (must be fresh)
    Peeled fresh ginger the size of your thumb (at least)

Blend and taste. If it's too tart, add honey; if it's too thick, add orange juice. This is very flexible.

I need to make one; I picked up FW's cold. Blech.
  • homechef offers smoothies, and I never tried tried one before.  However, I JUST ordered this one since it looked so good and something DH would enjoy.  Also, we're probably going to do the rum thing they suggest.

This strawberry colada smoothie is the perfect way to start your day...but if you add a splash of rum, it's also the perfect way to end your day. 
    • 5⅗ fl. oz. Coconut Milk
    • 4 oz. Frozen Sliced Strawberries
    • 4 oz. Frozen Pineapple
    • 5⅓ oz. Strawberry Greek Yogurt
    • ½ oz. Honey