Registry and Gift Forum

Gift Ideas Please!

Gosh dang it! I typed a huge post and the site stopped and I lost it. I will try again!

I am getting married in a fun but casual beach wedding in April. I need some help with gift ideas for the following people:

Bridal Party- MOH, 5 BM
Father of the Bride
Grandparents of the Bride (In their 90s and only living 3 grandparents between us)
Parents Gifts (3 Couples, Mine are divorced and remarried and FILs celebrate 40th Anniversary the day after our wedding) 

Officiant (A close friend of both of ours)
Photographers (A couple whom we are both close friends with)

FYI:
Fiance already got all the Groomsman Really Nice Baseball Caps (His friend owns an upscale hat company locally)
Fiance already got all the Dad's Really Nice Baseball Caps Also..
I already got the Moms Necklaces to Wear at the Wedding and Gave them to them at our Engagement Party last month...

I wondered also what do you think of ordering just bridal party and parents cheap sunglasses also for rehearsal and after ceremony cocktail hour and a few of the pics? It could be sunny out or sun going down so thought it would be cute!

I don't mind a theme for the gifts or something either but the wedding is a beach/nautical theme colors white navy and pale yellow. 

Thanks so much in advance for your replies! 

Re: Gift Ideas Please!

• You will find that the advice here is to buy individual gifts for your BP members - something you would buy them for their birthdays. Jewelry that they are to wear in the wedding is not a gift for them and neither would be sunglasses. You can get these things for them, but they are not considered their gift. You can "theme" gifts as long as it is something the person likes. Example for a food/drink theme: wine and a wine accessory(aerator, opener) for the wine lover, gourmet coffee, a mug and gift card to coffee shop for the coffee lover - you get the idea.

On another note, the photographers should be getting paid not a gift. If they are good friends, wouldn't they just be guests at the wedding. It isn't always a great idea to have friends as vendors. They won't be able to enjoy themselves as much or you might not get the photos you are wanting. Just something to think about.
  • Gosh dang it! I typed a huge post and the site stopped and I lost it. I will try again!

I am getting married in a fun but casual beach wedding in April. I need some help with gift ideas for the following people:

Bridal Party- MOH, 5 BM
    Father of the Bride
    Grandparents of the Bride (In their 90s and only living 3 grandparents between us)
    Parents Gifts (3 Couples, Mine are divorced and remarried and FILs celebrate 40th Anniversary the day after our wedding) 

Officiant (A close friend of both of ours)
    Photographers (A couple whom we are both close friends with)

FYI:
    Fiance already got all the Groomsman Really Nice Baseball Caps (His friend owns an upscale hat company locally)
    Fiance already got all the Dad's Really Nice Baseball Caps Also..
    I already got the Moms Necklaces to Wear at the Wedding and Gave them to them at our Engagement Party last month...

I wondered also what do you think of ordering just bridal party and parents cheap sunglasses also for rehearsal and after ceremony cocktail hour and a few of the pics? It could be sunny out or sun going down so thought it would be cute!

I don't mind a theme for the gifts or something either but the wedding is a beach/nautical theme colors white navy and pale yellow. 

Thanks so much in advance for your replies! 
    Have the "moms" already purchased their dresses they plan on wearing to the wedding?  How would you know why style or color necklace to buy to coordinate with a dress they don't yet own?  What if they choose not to wear it to the wedding?

My daughter did purchase sunglasses for her BM's, as well as umbrella's, but they were NOT considered gifts.  The umbrella's were meant as a "just in case" on the off chance it might rain on the day of the wedding.  The sunglasses and umbrella's were both black and white striped.  They were meant to be used for a FEW cute pictures as well.  You definitely do NOT want people wearing sunglasses in all your wedding photos.  The gifts that were purchased were individualized to the taste and style of each friend.  Please do NOT purchase identical gifts.  Anything you buy with the intent of being used the day of the wedding should also not be considered a gift. 

The theme for the gifts should be, "What would I buy for this friend on any given day except my wedding day".
  • Thanks ladies. Yeah, I understand what you all said. First the moms necklaces are small silver simple ones and if they don't wear them that day its fine also. FI is doing baseball caps like I said so I just need my girls. And we are getting sunglasses for all. I appreciate that info @MobKaz such great info to think about and know now. Thank you.