Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaids dresses matching my gown?

Hello! I have fallen in love with a matte satin ballgown with an embellished belt. I am having a difficult time finding bridesmaids dresses that I like and look elegant and formal. My wedding is in the winter, so chiffon does not seem appropriate. Would simple dark gray lace bridesmaids dresses look off with a white matte satin ballgown?

Re: Bridesmaids dresses matching my gown?

• Sounds good! Though the only thing I think that wouldn't match would be something like loud prints like chevron or making your bridal party wear cowboy boots or chuck taylors or something.

• Well I am biased towards lace, but yes, lace would go very well with satin.

Your dress is a neutral, so any colour will match.

I agree to match the formality of the dresses, but beyond that I wouldn't worry too much about the "perfect match".
  • First start with your BM budgets (remember you can never go wrong going under their budget because of things like alterations, shoes, undergarments, etc.) as that can determine a lot on what you choose for a BM dress... 

Unless you found a spring flowery dress, that's the only thing I'd shy away from, but really, even then...  If you like the chiffon go with the chiffon - there's no reason NOT to!  We had a "Winter" theme wedding in the middle of October (we couldn't have a winter wedding because of logistics and the reception venue), it's all in what you bring to the day. 

• I have 6 beautiful bridesmaid dresses for sale. Elegant for a winter wedding. Go great with off white or satin. The dresses are brand new! Retail for 300$ a piece. I'm selling for 60$ a piece. Let me know!