Snarky Brides

The trend that refuses to die . . .

Re: The trend that refuses to die . . .

• What's wrong with garden weddings?
  • Nothing wrong with garden weddings. Scroll down to see barn wedding photos and you'll see what I mean.
  • Oh, yes, sorry. I just looked at what was shown in the pin without actually clicking the full article. 
  • Do we talk about how "barn" doesn't have mason jars!?
  • Confession:  I am having the much-hated mason jars at my wedding.  I don't even like them, but I have hundreds of them because we actually can food every year.  I've considered using something else, but I like saving money more than I hate the jars.  Don't worry though.  No burlap or lace.
    No judgement! I think most of use save judgement for when people copy everything from pinterest and then act like they are ~*YOUnique*~ because they have some burlap sign that tells guests to be present...or their "theme" is a novel that actually has a very dark and not at all romantic or happy theme to it, which they would know if they ever actually read the Great Gatsby.

• Nothing wrong with garden weddings. Scroll down to see barn wedding photos and you'll see what I mean.
    I'm not seeing it...enlighten me?
  • Just photos of your standard barn wedding. Essentially a barn that had Pinterest thrown up all over it. 
  • How the hell do you cut, let alone eat, that cake in the second neutral wedding?
  • zitiqueen said:
    How the hell do you cut, let alone eat, that cake in the second neutral wedding?
    Right? I was thinking the same thing.
  • Confession:  I am having the much-hated mason jars at my wedding.  I don't even like them, but I have hundreds of them because we actually can food every year.  I've considered using something else, but I like saving money more than I hate the jars.  Don't worry though.  No burlap or lace.
    I think this actually makes sense.  Because you do can, and I would guess many of your friends and family are aware of it, using mason jars is a reflection of you and your FI.
  • zitiqueen said:
    How the hell do you cut, let alone eat, that cake in the second neutral wedding?
    Right? I was thinking the same thing.
    With a salad fork and some gardening shears?  :p
  • I like barns :/  I also spend the majority of my time in one, so maybe i'm biased.
  • zitiqueen said:
    I feel like these are mostly cake for looks :\
  • I like barns :/  I also spend the majority of my time in one, so maybe i'm biased.
    But that's the point- if you choose a venue or decor item because it actually relates to you as a person/couple, then awesome! I am sure your guests will love it! But when couples pick these items because "OMG, it'll be just the best!", it's just.... why?!?!

P.S. I also love barns- wood, leather, AND lace. But I have a horse, thus spend a lot of time in barns, near wood and leather. Alas, I had none of the above at my own wedding :(.
  • SP29 said:
    I like barns :/  I also spend the majority of my time in one, so maybe i'm biased.
    But that's the point- if you choose a venue or decor item because it actually relates to you as a person/couple, then awesome! I am sure your guests will love it! But when couples pick these items because "OMG, it'll be just the best!", it's just.... why?!?!

P.S. I also love barns- wood, leather, AND lace. But I have a horse, thus spend a lot of time in barns, near wood and leather. Alas, I had none of the above at my own wedding :(.
    Ah I see. I guess I see a lot of ragging on barn weddings, when I typically think how neat, to get married in my most favorite place. Hopefully my guests won't think I'm trying to be trendy, but if they do, then they just must not know me that well.
  • scribe95 said:
    Nothing wrong with a barn wedding just because it's trendy. If that's what a bride and groom want and they take care of their guests who really cares?
    If the barn is temperature controlled, if my shoes/clothes won't get dirty or dusty, and if I'm sitting at tables/chairs I'm good. My issues with barn weddings stem more from poor heating/cooling, hay bale seats/standing, and expecting guests to be dressed up while on a dirt floor. 
  • scribe95 said:
    scribe95 said:
    Nothing wrong with a barn wedding just because it's trendy. If that's what a bride and groom want and they take care of their guests who really cares?
    If the barn is temperature controlled, if my shoes/clothes won't get dirty or dusty, and if I'm sitting at tables/chairs I'm good. My issues with barn weddings stem more from poor heating/cooling, hay bale seats/standing, and expecting guests to be dressed up while on a dirt floor. 
    As I said, if the guests are taken care of and properly hosted who gives a hoot if it's a trendy barn wedding or not. 
    I agree. I guess I just see poor hosting more often when it's associated with a "trendy" venue like this. 
  • scribe95 said:
    I think the whole point of this thread is that it's a trend that's not to the tastes of the people posting in this thread. So in a serious sense, no one does really care as long as it's properly hosted, but in a frivolous sense, LET IT DIE.
  • scribe95 said:
    ditto.  I like all those looks, and I think the barn wedding is cool if it's comfortable with great food.  Those "trends" look like mucho money was invested in all those themes, which is great if you have it.