Delaware
Options

WR/NWR

SO I thought I would do this post.  What do you have going on in your life Wedding Related (WR)?  What do you have going on in your life Not Wedding Related (NWR)?

WR:
-finish thank you cards and mail out
-wash and organize all the glassware
-make a For Sale list
-Take pictures of For Sale list
-Assign prices to For Sale list
-upload to website For Sale list
-At least hang up my dress (it's in a heap on the floor of my old bedroom)
-Try to be patient waiting for my pics!
-once my pics come in, do parent and grandparent albums (parents thru the photog, grandparents thru a photo site; the parents are flushmount, the g-rents are coffee table style books)

NWR:
-Put up the Christmas decorations!
-Finish the massive amounts of laundry
-help DH figure out the bookcase we want to buy or build
-build said bookcase
-drain and move 55 gal fish tank; move fish to 10 gallon tank
-move the living room around
-get my dresser from my moms
-finish Christmas shopping for DH (everyone else we got in WDW)
-wrap presents
-make some bread and cookies (I want some homemade stuff so bad, and since I have my mixer...)
-pack for OH this weekend.

Re: WR/NWR

• Options
    edited December 2011

WR:
    -figure out what style cake I want.  I already know I want buttercream, not fondant.  I've been going back and forth with my cake person but we haven't made any solid decisions
    -actually call the two florists that I'm thinking of using.  I filled out one of those forms on each of their websites 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a SINGLE THING!
    -I'm sure there are other things that I could be doing... but that's the priority right now.

NWR:
    -I have to write I think 7 scripts (and I just got handed another one... so 8) today.  Plus produce about 3 or 4 commercials.  Wednesdays normally aren't busy for me, but it is today!!!
    -I'm supposed to have CPR/AED training in 20 minutes... for 2 hours... these scripts are never getting done.
    -I have to work job #2 tonight, and I really don't wanna. 

I just realized how WHINY I sound.  I think I need a nap.  or lunch.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea!

WR
    -Finish addressing thank you cards, add photoshare cards (seriously people, I'd like to see SOME pictures from my wedding), and mail out
    -Make a for sale list
    -Take pictures and list for sale items
    -Make parents albums once we get our pictures (they went in the mail today!)
    -Finish changing my name on various accounts

NWR
    -Finish unpacking boxes.  We moved in August and most of the unpacking got put on hold because of the wedding
    -Keep uncluttering as I unpack.  Donate or sell tons of stuff!
    -Decide what to do for Christmas cards this year
    -Decide on what Christmas cookies and how many to make this year
    -Start Christmas shopping
    -Begin setting up my craft room!
    -Reorganize the living room furniture when our new chair gets delivered next weekend
    -Rake, rake, rake, rake.  Stupid leaves.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I still need to change my name at SS.  I am such a slacker, but since I can't drive on these new meds, i have to wait until I have someone who can take me (they make me too woozy, I have to wait until my body adjusts to them before I drive.  I was in a car accident in April 2009 and totaled my car, and it was bc of the meds, so I am really careful now).

Since you are going thru things, if you have any ornaments you decide to get rid of, let me know- Family Promise (http://www.familypromisede.org/) needs Christmas decoratinos and ornaments.  If you have any or know of anyone that does, let me know and they will be glad to have them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:

-Find a caterer STILL!!!  I have 2 meetings this week, so hopefully I'll get something soon!  I've been working on this for 5 months now!
    -Work on vows
    -Choose a videographer
    -I still haven't had my engagement ring appraised and insured so I really need to do that as well

NWR: 

-Work, work, work, and more work
    -On the same lines, continue applying for jobs in my field (stupid economy)
    -We're still in the process of buying our house
    -Buy items for our new house
    -Start Christmas shopping
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR

**figure out who is doing my bouquets/boutteniers (yeah i still have no clue) A friend of a friend used to work as a florist so she offered. I just haven't even had time to choose what I want yet.
    **get our marriage license
    **put together favors (hot chocolate)
    **buy all of my undergarments
    **buy shoes/accessories
    **song lists
    **wedding day timeline
    **must have picture list
    **write my vows
    **buy card cage/box?
    **figure out what i'm doing for hair/makeup
    **buy bm/gm gifts ( i have nooooooo clue what to buy)
    **finish buying/putting together centerpieces
    **get my dress altered (can't do until december since i'm preggers)
    **I have my bridal shower Friday night - wishing for the glass of wine i can't have
    **meet with Kim about my cake (i already know mostly what I want)

am I forgetting something? i'm sure I must be.. ughhhh so much and I only have 32 days til the wedding!!!

NWR

There is nothing going on in my life at the moment that is not wedding related aside from me wishing away my morning sickness! lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JLJC, I am planning on selling my photo cardbox.  It's 4 8x10 frames put together, and you put your pictures inside.  It has a top to it that the cards are slipped into.  If you are interested, let me know.  They cost around $50 to make with all the parts, I am asking $25 obo.
  • Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

WR
    ditto...finish changing my name with the bank, utility and credit card companies
    fill out and mail thank you cards... I know I am a slacker...as long as I get it done before xmas
    select pics for my wedding album

NWR
    Go through my whole house, clean, organize and finish coverting guest room into my sons room.... this is stuff that should have been done months ago but I was too busy obsessing over my wedding at the time to care...lol.

I probably won't begin decorating for xmas till December...it kills me I won't be able to set up my xmas village this year with the 18 month old who gets into everything.

Oh and Britt...just mail your documents to SS. I mailed mine and had my new card in about 10 days.

Oh and JLJC...Britt is rite...go ahead and indulge in that glass of wine...it won't hurt the baby... you probably won't finish the glass anyways atleast thats what I would do.... I would poor myself a glass because I was sure I wanted it and it would just end up sitting there!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

JEJC, if you need help with music... let me know.  I work in radio, so I know a lot of music.  I also cantor at church, so I know a lot about ceremonial stuff, too. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy. ok WR: nothing much really. still looking at vendors online trying to figure out what/who I want.
    Also GOT MY EARRINGS:) they actually came broken but nothing 5 minutes with a needlenose pillars couldnt fix.
    And I picked up some free stuff from knottie Buttons so I got 200ish or so FREE frosted tealight holders sooo excited. plus two baskets for programs and stuff and a nice picture frame.

NWR:
    went Christmas shopping today and did MOST of it! this is the first time like ever i have done it this early. I am that girl that waits until Dec 23-24 to do all of it. So finish the little bit I have left.
    FIND A JOB! Email a bunch of people I met this morning at a networking thing.
    and work at the parttime thing that I so want to be done with!

Wow JLCL thats an impressive list. I am so in awe of you for doing this so quick! Keep at it! Those list are def helpful to me in general in life. I have a feeling ill be a crazy list person for my wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!! I swear you all are keeping me going! That and the love for FI lol.

MBR - i'm definately interested - do you have a pic (it's on your to do list lol)
    and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that article! Thanks! I feel much better! Maybe I will have a glass before everyone gets there to calm my nerves. although MattsBride is probably right - it's been so long (haha 2.5 months is a lifetime without my wine) that i probably will hate it! that or two sips will do me in! haha.

RecoveringActor - I def need help! At this point I don't even care! I was trying to pawn it off on the FFIL since all he does is listen to music - but somehow it got put back in my lap. lol. Really I just don't know what kind of music for the cocktail hour vs dinner. I have some jazz buffs including FI's grandfather who plays the sax. I thought he might like some Jazz during cocktail hour. For dinner I want more of a lighter upbeat modern something.. like Jason Mraz - i love him... or jack johnson etc... I have no clue about a cake cutting song or what the bridal party will enter to. I'm trying to find the right balance between old and new.  Party of me is worried that nothing is gonna flow but at the same time - i don't care! I like a bit of everything but i don't want it to be tacky. ugh... there's just too many songs in this world! oh and I am doing a dance with FFIL since my dad isn't around. I have nooooooo clue what song for that!

cfblechman - thanks! I don't know how i'm doing it. I really don't.I feel like a zombie. i'm living and breathing what i need to do next but so overwhelmed that my mind shuts down. I have lists however i'm such a procrastinator that i probably will get everything done the last week! haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR-
    Finalize our church... hopefully.
    Work on invitations!
    Possibly work on BFF's wedding stuff... including shopping on friday for her ribbon & stuff
    Table cards
    Hangers
    card box

NWR-
    Find a freaking job. I can't stand mine. Any suggestions? (been in retail, including management for 8 years, no college degree, but willing to get one w/tuition reimbursement, 8 yrs office work/cash handling/customer service out the yin yang.)
    working almost all weekend...
    really need a pedicure
    goofing off with DD all weekend.
    Laundry
    Cleaning house
    Deciding where to get engagement pictures done
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me see, if not, I will try and take one for you before the weekend is out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JLJC-YG the largest PM ever.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL.  I don't know what the PM is about, but the way you worded it Actor made me almost spit my juice all over my computer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahaha it's just about music! 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha. I laughed too. It was the best largest PM ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards