Wedding Woes
Options

Sears rant

pegasuskatpegasuskat member
First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
edited December 2016 in Wedding Woes
I have to put this somewhere before my head explodes!!! I ordered a drill for H on cyber Monday.  It came last week and I have been battling their non existing CS ever since.

When I got the box off my front porch it was full of small holes and whatever was inside was sliding all around in a huge box, I have ordered a lot so wasn't sure what is was....  I opened the box and there was clearly an old used drill just banging around loose in the box, no case or anything.  The drill I ordered was new and in a hard black case.

I have since tried multiple times to call CS, they have disconnected me, not helped and literally not one of the at least 12 people has spoken english.  I finally got a supervisor yesterday who told me the same thing all the others have.  I am being told I have to return the drill with a shipping label they will send me, then 14-21 days later they will refund me.  I can then reorder, I have explained every time that they need to refill my order properly because if I reorder it is over double the price now, and I used $12 worth of points that I will just lose. There is no way that is how this should be handled.  I just told the "supervisor" they should be embarassed that they would ship out an old drill (isn't even the same as the pic - you can tell its an older model) that has electrical tape wrapped around the cord, is covered in scratches and has a huge return sticker still stuck to it!!  We have at least $10,000 worth of Crafstman tools in my home, that we have bought twice because H had them stolen and we replaced with insurance.  So, over $20,000 and their once wonderful CS sucks.  This is why they are closing so many stores, I'm so frustrated.

I told H sorry, not sorry but he's picking a new brand. And, I'm not sending it back through the mail.  I'm driving to the closest store, which is about 45 min. away to return in person because at this point I'm afraid I wouldn't even get my money back.

Re: Sears rant

• Options
    That sucks - hopefully you can get the refund. 

I've had a Sears/K-mart boycott going for almost 11 years now. I worked for them very briefly as a store manager (right out of college, then moved to my current company after ~4 months) - and they tried to screw me over on pay/sick time after I left. The whole thing was ridiculous, they knew they were in the wrong, yet they tried to bully me for months over less than $1K. 

I ultimately told them that while it may not matter, all of this ridiculousness lost them a customer for life - I haven't been back since.
  • Options
    That is so beyond unacceptable! Is it possible to go to the news {or social media} and get this information out? Maybe it will get them to move their ass and fix THEIR problem!
  • Options
    Totally unacceptable!  Be sure to include pictures of the old drill and packaging it came in.  Good luck!
  • Options

I was just complaining about Sears on the "Vents" post.  Nutshell:  I ordered a bunch of appliances on BF that were supposed to come with $250 in bonus points.  Except it was only showing $50 in bonus in my cart.  I was assured by online CS that they showed the correct amount of bonus points and they would be awarded to my account on Nov. 30th.  And they even placed my order for me, just to make sure.  Nope.  It was totally a "bait and switch" with the pricing offer.

If they don't give me my appropriate points, I will never shop there again.

@mrsconn23, thanks for the contacts list!  I will keep that in my back pocket if I can't get any satisfaction.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

That is crazy!  I would honestly blast them on all social media you can, starting with facebook.  You will be surprised how fast you will get someone who can speak English and correct your problem right away.  Oftentimes these overseas CS reps have no real power to help you solve any issue.

YES YES YES!!  This is how to get shit done.  I just helped my friend with this last week.  E-mail ALL OF THESE people.  They will likely pass it off to some lowly CR pee-on who handles executive issues, but our people who do handle those issues have a lot of power to make it right. 

EXECUTIVE CONTACTS

Primary Contact
    Leena Munjal
    Senior VP, Customer Experience and Integrated Retail
    3333 Beverly Road
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
    lmunjal@searshc.com

Secondary Contact
    Jeffrey A. Balagna
    Executive Vice President
    3333 Beverly Road
    jeff.balagna@searshc.com

Chief Executive
    Edward Lampert 
    Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
    3333 Beverly Road
    (847) 286-2500
    ed.lampert@searshc.com

Exactly what I'd do.   Start with those people.   Call them and don't take no for an answer.

THEN, take to Facebook and Twitter and even your local news.   Many have an 'on your side' that you can contact when you encounter bullshit.

Most companies want to avoid PR problems but they also outsource the people who can effectively help until it goes to the top.

But that said, I'm with you that I would avoid getting the drill there as a Christmas gift now. 
  • Options
    Can you not take it to the nearest store? Although if your Sears are anything like ours, their Customer Service sucks too. 
  • Options
    Can you not take it to the nearest store? Although if your Sears are anything like ours, their Customer Service sucks too. 
    This was my next step, but will be this weekend before I can get to a store.
  • Options

I was just complaining about Sears on the "Vents" post.  Nutshell:  I ordered a bunch of appliances on BF that were supposed to come with $250 in bonus points.  Except it was only showing $50 in bonus in my cart.  I was assured by online CS that they showed the correct amount of bonus points and they would be awarded to my account on Nov. 30th.  And they even placed my order for me, just to make sure.  Nope.  It was totally a "bait and switch" with the pricing offer.

If they don't give me my appropriate points, I will never shop there again.

@mrsconn23, thanks for the contacts list!  I will keep that in my back pocket if I can't get any satisfaction.

I saw the title and assumed it was a S/O from that post!  Hope you both get this figured out quickly.  No wonder they're a dying company.
  • Options

I have found the best approach is polite and firm. Start with how you are a long time customer, than explain the problem, and then inform them that you won't be coming back or recommending them to anyone else.  It usually checks all the boxes of a compliant worth listening to.

If you can't get a response in a reasonable amount of time from the CS departments/executives than I would be shouting from every media outlet available about my experience.  Most companies will do just about anything to keep their customers happy and from bad mouthing them to others...especially in the media.

~"Even when customers are wrong they're always right".~ Quote from my customer service manager on retaining customers. 

• Options
    I was also going to suggest going in-person to a store and have them exchange the product for you there (and then!!).

That's super shitty though.
  • Options
    IMO - as much as it sucks - unless there's a "Sears Hometown" you could take it to, it's definitely worth driving to the store to deal with a manager in-person...