Wisconsin
Options

Bird Cage for Cards?

Hi:

Does anyone have a bird cage to sell for cards?  Or a good place to buy them in the Milwaukee area?  I found some online, but would like to get one in person.

Thanks!

this is the one I found online

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birdcages4.html

Re: Bird Cage for Cards?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    have you checked out hobby lobby, michaels, joann yet?  they all carry things very similar.  otherwise i have noticed walmart/target sometimes carry things like that too.  i'd look around at craft stores things for one, otherwise if you are looking for a used one maybe you can check out craigslist too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I just got one today from Hobby Lobby for $10 because they are currently having a 50% off sale on all bridal stuff.  It's white, but I think we will paint it black....I'm pretty sure the sale ends today since Hobby Lobby isn't open on Sundays! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sameagansameagan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the same thing and I found ours at Micheal's and then painted it gold....

Oh and heads up for something to look for... Our planner said to make sure there is a way to lock it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tongue out I JUST bought mine at walmart 2 days ago for $8 on clearance. I hope you get one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The cardbox in our family is something that's passed on from wedding to wedding (a heart with our names and wedding date are added to the back) - it was built by a cousin for another and my mom and I change the colors and flowers for each wedding, here's a picture of it at my wedding:

Yes I know this seems a bit AWish, BUT I have a point:

With this we were ablt to make sure that there is a hinge and lock at the back, AND it's also heavy - to the point that it takes two guys to lift it.  So there is no walking away with the cards or the entire thing.

If you can't find the cage, another idea:

Build a box out of frames, add your engagement pictures to the sides and weight it down inside and then you can add a lock to it.

OR

Wrap a few boxes in wedding paper and cut out part of each and stack together (so there is an open cavity running through all of the boxes) then secure together between the layers with hot glue (or similar) cut a slit in the top box for the cards to slide through and finish off with a ribbon and bow.  You can add weights inside and then you can't access the cards until you rip oen the boxes!

The paper and bow can be done in your wedding colors too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    heartrn13heartrn13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    although a cute idea.. its not very safe. It has open slots, to easy to remove cards.. plus you would have to have someone emptying the cards frequently, people CAN SEE HOW MANY CARDS YOU ARE GETTING... I also decided against it. Find another one, and use a bird theme if thats what you want.. but an open cage like holder isnt very safe, just my opinion... sorry...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue actaully had this for us to use, no charge, when I told him that I didn't have anything. The venue director also kept track and locked up things once people moved upstairs to dinner ect. They have these things around and it won't cost you any more money.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards