Wedding Woes

Good on paper, not feeling it between the sheets

Dear Prudence, 
I recently started dating a guy I have been friends with for several years. He is smart, fun to be around, and we connect emotionally. But having sex with him feels so strange that I just can’t enjoy it. In all my previous relationships, we couldn’t get out of bed for months at the beginning. This seems unlikely to happen here, as I now can’t wait to leave the bedroom and make the weirdness stop. Does this relationship have a chance? On paper, things are amazing, and in every other way he’s exactly what I want. Could this get better?

—Is Chemistry Everything?

Re: Good on paper, not feeling it between the sheets

• Is the sex bad or are you just in your head about it? If you're in your head about it, then you can focus on what feels good instead of who you're with. If it's just bad, you can try to give pointers and see if that helps.
  • Chemistry isn't everything, but it is important too.  If you can't wait to get out of the room, something isn't quite right.

• Sex can't be everything in a relationship. At some point, one of you could have a health situation where a dr says sex may not be a thing anymore {long story, but yes it can happen}

Chemistry isn't just sexual, maybe try looking at other points of the relationship.
  • As you probably know, H is my high school boyfriend's best friend. We spent a lot of time together as friends.

When we started dating, it was really weird for me. I'd look at him and think, "This is so weird - this is Brian that I'm sleeping with".

After ten years together I still get a weird "this is Dan's best friend" feeling every so often.

So it could be something like that, or it could be bad chemistry or bad sex. If this guy is otherwise as great as he seems, I'd try to work on it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • baconsmom said:
    Pot. 

Oh, and talking, that'll help, too. But this letter is scant on details, so, you know. I recommend drugs. 

That too helped me!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • baconsmom said:
    Pot. 

Oh, and talking, that'll help, too. But this letter is scant on details, so, you know. I recommend drugs. 
    I was going to say get drunk and try again!