Wedding Reception Forum

Toasting Glasses

Has anyone purchased the Mr. & Mrs. toasting glasses from Crate & Barrel and had them engraved? They are the only pair I've come across that I've liked, but I'm worried that at that price point the glass won't be of high enough quality to withstand engraving. Thanks!

Re: Toasting Glasses

• C&B tends to have high quality items...if you'd like to be sure, ask your registry consultant/ a store employee if it can be engraved.
  • That was my first thought, she was unsure since they don't offer the service themselves. Best case scenario is it works out, worst case scenario is I'm out $20, worth a shot! Thanks for your input!
  • We were just going to use our venue's glasses, by my sister surprised us with the Crate & Barrel glasses right before the wedding. They're beautiful. We didn't have them engraved though.

Do you like them enough to get them whether they're engraved or not? If you do, I would buy them, take them to an engraver, and let them decide whether it's possible or not.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • drglitter said:
    We were just going to use our venue's glasses, by my sister surprised us with the Crate & Barrel glasses right before the wedding. They're beautiful. We didn't have them engraved though.

Do you like them enough to get them whether they're engraved or not? If you do, I would buy them, take them to an engraver, and let them decide whether it's possible or not.
    Same thing happened to us. We were just going to use the venues but my aunt surprised us with flutes and a cake cutting set. Didn't get any of it engraved either and we bought a matching set and use the flutes anytime we have champagne. 
  • I would just get a whole set of champagne flutes that you want to use for entertaining down the road. Then maybe look on Etsy (or make your own) stem charms with Mr. and Mrs. and your date. You'll get a hell of a lot more mileage out of neutral stemware and you can always put on the charms if you're celebrating your anniversary or whatever.

This is essentially what we did.  We still have the charms on ours, but we use the set more frequently than we would use two random glasses.
  • My mom gave us the crystal flutes she and my father had used on their wedding day.  She's not very into "stuff" and likes to give things away, but I'm very sentimental and was thrilled to have them.  H and I toast on every anniversary.  I'd never dream of engraving them though- I'll probably give them to my own DD when she gets married. 
  • The only thing I could see engraving would be a cake cutter. A friend of mine had her mother's cake cutter which had also been her grandmother's. All three wedding dates were engraved in the handle. This could not (probably) be done to crystal.