Wedding Woes

Boot question

UPS just brought these boots to my door:

I have two questions:

1. What is the maximum acceptable amount of zipper bunching at the ankle? These may be too bunchy...

2. How far below the knee should the top of the boot be? Part of my height is in the shin, and I feel like I could use about another inch of material on top. 

pics to follow...

Re: Boot question

• I would say as far as height, maybe 2-4" depending your height, obviously.  Below the knee anyway.

Bunching?  As in too large for your calves?
  • need to see pics.
  • Calves are OK. The bunching is right at the ankle...

IDK. I need some boots like this, and I hate most of what's out there. These were reasonably-priced (but not real leather, so not exactly an amazing deal). OTOH, I'm trying to adopt a "HELL YEAH! or no" philosophy (http://sivers.org/hellyeah), which would make these a no. 

Blech.

In brighter news, my swimsuit experiment is actually going well, so I guess there's that.

• They're not HORRIBLE, but if you aren't convinced, save your moneys for some real leather ones.  Yep.
  • i have that same bunching problem - how can that be avoided?

I'd vote no. i hardly ever wear mine because i think the bunching looks funny. 
  • i dont mind it at all. i dont know how the foot part feels, but that bunching might alllow you to wear ankle socks under them in really cold weather.

they look really nice on your calves.

• I think any high zippered boot will bunch somewhat, but this one seemed a little more than most. 

It was also a smidge too narrow, which would probably hurt by the end of the day.

If your foot is easier to fit, I think they'd probably be pretty comfortable. The sole and heel are rubber, so they'll absorb a lot of shock if you need to walk around a lot.

I'll just have to plan a trip to DSW to look around. I have a really cute dress that I might actually have a reason to wear soon, and knee-high boots would make it so awesome.

• I agree. They look nice on your calves, but the bunching makes them a no.

I would skip them. Find something you love in real leather. Otherwise they're going to be hot and stinky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have similar boots - same brand and material, but a different heel - and they do the bunch up thing on me, too.   It's hard to find boots that fit my calves (even though I have skinny legs - it doesn't make any sense) so I figured that was a trade off and kept them. 
    However, if your new philosophy is love them or leave them (which I am staring to do with my clothes) then get rid of them.  
  • they look a lot better on you than they do in the link. you bought them on amazon? that picture is horrendous, and they look like they should be mid-calf boots from the photo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards