Chit Chat

Women's March - Did anyone go?

Curious to see if any of y'all went.  I didn't for several reasons, but I do stand with the women who are unified to protect women in light of the recent inaguration.

Re: Women's March - Did anyone go?

• FW went to the one here in Cleveland. I had prior commitments, or I would have gone as well.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Yes. I went to the one in Houston.
    Aw man- I almost went, but I've been fighting a cold the last few weeks, so I didn't want to get more sick.  I saw great pictures, though!
  • They were also in Canada, and my mum and I debated on going but she was tired/sore and I was also sore.
  • I stopped by the one in NOLA, but we were in town for a wedding so it was just a quick stop. I wished I could have been more involved. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Here in Colorado, a lot of people work for the National Park Service.  Nobody is happy about the President's first day.  We had a special prayer for him in church - that he gains wisdom.
    Displaying IMG9527651jpg

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I didn't go because I have had this overwhelming "what's the point?" attitude towards everything the past few days.  

• justsie said:
    I stopped by the one in NOLA, but we were in town for a wedding so it was just a quick stop. I wished I could have been more involved. 

I don't know if you caught this part, but they had a Jazz Funeral for Liberty as part of the NOLA Women's March.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MandyMost said:
    I went in Boston, with my husband and 8 month old baby girl. It was huge, estimates are at 175k. 

My responses to the people who don't support, or don't understand, the protest is to say I (and the marchers in general) believe in two things:
    1) we believe that people deserve equal rights regardless of gender, race, sexuality, or religion, and
    2) we don't believe people all of these groups currently have equal rights.

Then I ask which of those 2 things they disagree with. 
    I'm a big believer that everyone should attend at least one political rally type event at least once in their life for whatever cause they believe in.  This happens to one of my causes.

I have told people even if they disagree or don't understand this march, if they have never been to one, they should and should soon because something changes within in you when are able to be a part of something that is bigger than you are.
  • FW went to the one here in Cleveland. I had prior commitments, or I would have gone as well.

Yay Cleveland! I had the same thing..
  • justsie said:
    I stopped by the one in NOLA, but we were in town for a wedding so it was just a quick stop. I wished I could have been more involved. 

I don't know if you caught this part, but they had a Jazz Funeral for Liberty as part of the NOLA Women's March.
    I did not catch this part. I'm off to see if I can find more articles about the march there!