New Jersey
Options

Can't Decide Between 2 Photographers! Help!

Hi Knotties-

I am getting married this August and have been going back and forth between 2 photographers that I have narrowed down. Out of the many I have researched both do beautiful work, and have more "reasonable" pricing. I am having a really hard time deciding who to book though. One does beautiful work, he was the first one I jumped up and down with saying "we need to book him!" - he is offering my fiance and I a bundle deal with photo, video and cool photo booth set up for guests. However when we met him, although he was very nice and cordial - I wasn't sold on the feeling of this is the person I want by my side all day taking photos. Not to mention I believe I would feel more comfortable with a female shooting, especially in the bridal suite before hand! 

The second photographer - well, she seems awesome and has been professionally doing wedding and family photographers for much longer than the other one we liked. Her photos are beautiful as well, and she has been so great in just sharing tips and truly seems excited for the bride and the wedding journey. Her pricing is more expensive, but I can tell she pours her heart and soul into it. She tells a story with her photos. 

I feel so torn - do we go with the first choice, who's cutting us a good deal and I'm sure it would be fine, I just may not be as comfortable the whole day. Or do I go with second choice - beautiful work, a bit more expensive - but I feel I would feel very comfortable with her. Both offer a 2nd photographer. The first one we met with his 2nd photographer is also a male. 

Also my fiance says it's up to me. He thinks we should go with the better deal, however I've heard from others it's better to go with the one you want by your side more all day. 

THOUGHTS?? 

Re: Can't Decide Between 2 Photographers! Help!

• Options
    I just went through something like this only it came down to we preferred one photographers pictures of larger areas outside over the other. The other was amazing and did an amazing job making a tiny place look huge. 

It is 100% up to you and as always stay in a price range that keeps you comfortable. To me it sound S like you want the woman photographer. I have friends who had great pictures but hated their photographers and left them feeling bitter. It doesn't sound like that is the case for you here but it does sound like you know who you want.

remind your fiancé the photographer is with the bride for HOURS. They see you in your robe, getting ready, etc etc. if it's not quality but comfort, don't make anything about your day uncomfortable!