Chit Chat

How to word?

Hello, 
  My finace's mom passed away and he is not close with his father. He has a family (unrelated) that has been like his family since he was a young adult. They are acting as the parents of the groom (supporting us, paying for the rehearsal dinner...) I am wondering how to word them in the program? Any suggestions? (parents of the groom? acting parents of the groom?) Any ideas are welcome!

Re: How to word?

• geebee908geebee908 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    Hello, 
      My finace's mom passed away and he is not close with his father. He has a family (unrelated) that has been like his family since he was a young adult. They are acting as the parents of the groom (supporting us, paying for the rehearsal dinner...) I am wondering how to word them in the program? Any suggestions? (parents of the groom? acting parents of the groom?) Any ideas are welcome!
    You list the relationships as they are. Aunt of the groom, Uncle of the groom, etc... You and your FI understand what their relationship is and he can convey what they mean to him in private rather than in the program.
  • Do you need a program? Most ceremonies don't. If you are having a simple ceremony you can skip this and then don't have to worry about listing people.
  • ernursej said:
    Do you need a program? Most ceremonies don't. If you are having a simple ceremony you can skip this and then don't have to worry about listing people.
    This. We skipped the programs and no one missed it