Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Hi everyone

IMy name is Katy and I just joined The Knot today and I'm so super excited.  My FI, Rick, and I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm starting the fun wedding planning.  The problem is, I have no idea where to start. AACCKK!!! How far out do you suggest booking the vendors, buying invitations, etc? I have my colors picked out, the date, and possible location

The most important things right now to me are the cake, florist, and photographer.  Who do you recommend????  I may be having my wedding and reception at my parent's house in Des Moines so I'm not too worried about venues right now, but just in case my original plan falls through though.  My mom and I will be shopping for my dress in NYC when we go visit family there around Thanksgiving and I can't wait for my trip.

Thanks!

Katy

Re: Hi everyone

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! and Congrats!!!!

Booking Vendors depends on what date you choose for your wedding. Some people are booked into 2012!

For Invitations  I would look around at what you want, and most of the time you can get them on sale!!

If you like doing DIY Project you should check out that board!! It's awesome!

Hope this helps!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!!! glad you could join us! i have some good vendors that i would recomend to anyone in des moines and surrounding areas it you want the list and numbers i can post it  for everyone!Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

First, set a date.
    Second, book all the main vendors (church/ceremony site, photographer, etc.). These will book pretty fast.
    Next, try to figure out a guest list. From there you can decide on a a reception venue, and how many people it will need to hold.

I highly recommend my photographer, Erik Notz from Inspired-Images: www.inspired-images.net">www.inspired-images.net

For cake or cupcakes I recommend: Becky, from Enchanted sweets: http://enchantedsweets.com/

For other inspirations on invites, colors, style, etc. try looking at these sites:
    Project Wedding
    Snippet and Ink
    Style Me Pretty
    Etsy Weddings

?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards