Attire & Accessories Forum

Help on picking out tuxedos

Does anyone have advice on how to pick out tuxes? I thought my FH and father could go together to decide this for me but it ended up in a huge fight I'm having a hard time resolving.

My FH wants the cheapest option while my father wants something better quality and are stubbornly sticking to their sides instead of finding a middle ground. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Help on picking out tuxedos

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My DH picked out his and the GM tuxes (just like BM dresses- be sure to privately ask the GM's for their budget and go with the lowest), and my dad selected his own. 
    The MOB or MOG wouldn't match the BM's, why would the fathers match the groom and GM?
  • They don't need to match, so this is easy. Your father wears what he wants, your fiancé wears what he wants, and you refuse to discuss it with either of them because they are grown up men who can dress themselves. 
    QFT
  • A trip to JCP or Kohl's and he picks out something budget friendly, they keep it and live happily ever after for about the same price point...  

Your Father wears what he wants, and your FI wears what he and the GM want.  Why is this difficult?   
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    Does anyone have advice on how to pick out tuxes? I thought my FH and father could go together to decide this for me but it ended up in a huge fight I'm having a hard time resolving.

My FH wants the cheapest option while my father wants something better quality and are stubbornly sticking to their sides instead of finding a middle ground. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!!
    Tuxedos do not need to match, just as suits do not need to match.
    Tuxedos should be black, worn with white shirts and dark accessories.  Any black tuxedo will do.  They can both have what they want.
    Your father is not really required to wear a tuxedo, but he certainly can do this if he wishes, provided you are having an evening wedding.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thank you everyone :) I definitely feel reassured to stick to my original thought of having them pick their own favorites!