Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF

Good morning, WW.  Who's ready for this week to be over already?

Image result for hand raise gif

My grandma is not doing well.  The original plan to visit has been scrapped, because her doctors don't think she has that long.  My mom is flying down today, after radiation.  (What a day for her.)  

I was literally in the middle of texting DH about that when my boss called to tell me our department had been reorganized.  One guy is "retiring," Nosy Coworker is taking over his responsibilities, I'm picking up a large project from Nosy, and our analyst/my work friend got some stuff she really doesn't want.  So that was more drama. 

I actually don't mind the large project (although it meant I had to jettison a few smaller things, which ended up with Analyst, which is not good for her).  But there is a project meeting at 2:00 today, and Nosy asked when I wanted his files.  I said "How about after the meeting?" and he said he's not going to do the meeting, I can do it.  The fuck?  But he's a slacker, I shouldn't be surprised.  Still, because he's being a jackhole about it, I'm tempted to at least nudge him toward the bus.  "Nosy, since you were working on this until yesterday, why don't you bring us up to speed on where we are?"

My weekend sounds like nothing but feels like too much.  I have to go out and buy stuff for the PTA raffle basket now that all the donations are in.  Riding, swim, swim.  DS starts soccer a week from tonight, and I need to get him cleats, and shin guards, and shorts.  The kids need funeral clothes.  I don't even know where the funeral is going to be, and I don't feel like it's a great time to ask my mom.  Just wait and see, I guess.

DH is still making noises about his dad's visit and I cannot even with him right now.       

Re: TGIF

• Options
    This week has been a long one.  I'm so ready for all the drrraaannkkks tonight. DH is going out for 'guys' night, so I'm going to be hanging with DefConn. And it just occurred to me that I will have to get the kiddo from work, so no drrraaankkks until late.  *le sigh* 

DefConn's eyes still aren't clear, so he's hanging out today.  DH is home and doesn't work tonight. 

My co-irker is on my last nerve.  No, you're not the 'de-facto' anything just because the supervisor is out.  You're annoying AF is what you are, is what you are. 

DH's grandpa is in ICU and it's not sounding good.  He's had brain cancer for a few years and has definitely had a bumpy ride.  He's ridiculously strong though.  There's been quite a few scares over the last few years, but he's always bounced back.  I am glad we went to visit for his bday in November. 

DH's meeting/interview thingee yesterday went OK.  He's having a hard time with 'the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know'.   It would be a lateral move, but the opportunity to advance will probably come about quickly (6-12 months),  a lot faster than his current role.  But there's a lot of question marks about the schedule and operations.  And of course, $$$.  He still needs to talk to the VP and get a number from them before we can really decide.  After almost 3 years at his current company, he's almost happy there and he really clicks with his new boss.  So, we'll see. 

At least we don't have a lot going on this weekend.  
  • Options
    @heffalump I'm so sorry about your grandma.  I hope your mom has safe and easy travels.  And you should totally call out Nosy during the meeting. If he's making you chair it, the least he can do is close out his progress!

Last nights dinner with MIL went well and we're both glad she came over.  H agreed (finally) that I was right and she just needed to talk.  I may have also drank a lot of wine.  I found out I made a $5,000 mistake yesterday - eesh!  I also officially met the 30% mark for my 3 Day Fundraising.  I think I was the roller coaster last night!

Today, I have some appointments for work and then a girls night.  I think I've  been in a funk - and when that happens I tend to withdraw.  As glad as I am to have the wedding behind us, I think not having something to do constantly is a new norm I need to adjust to.  I feel like I have little of interest to talk about aside from the current state of fucked up national affairs and as such I've been a bad friend these past couple weeks.  I'm looking forward to catching up and letting my hair down.  

Also I'm fairly sure I'm not pregnant, but Auntie Flo hasn't reared her ugly head so I'm freaking out.  We were accidentally off BC this month and didn't have sex when I was ovulating so I know it's a very slim chance - but still - I want my cup to overfloweth.  I have too much shit planned between now and August to grow a child.
  • Options
    Thoughts for your GFIL!  How's your husband doing with the news?

What a cruddy week for WW grandparents :(.
  • Options
    Thanks, @kimmiinthemitten.

@mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa Conn.  Vibes and hugs and everything good.

God bless the internet, y'all.  DS now has cleats and shorts coming from Zappos and shin guards and socks coming from Amazon.  Check, check, check, check.

Also, Nosy came by with his big ol' color-coded tabbed binder.  I thanked him (so sweetly), and said "You are doing this afternoon's meeting, right?"  He blinked, said he would if I wanted him to, and I said "I think that would make the most sense, thanks!"  I said if he could wrap up his portion when we meet today, I'll be happy to take it from there.  Bwahahahaha. 
  • Options
    Thoughts for your GFIL!  How's your husband doing with the news?

Mr. Conn is doing OK.   His grandpa has definitely been declining more rapidly over the last 8-12 months.   We've dealt with this a few times in the past where it was unclear if he was going to make it or not.  So, we just wait. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Oh, and it's officially Lawn Guy #2, for those who were dying of suspense.  $10 cheaper, talked about his kids (I know, but I'm a sucker), no Trump-Pence sticker.  SOLD.
    HA, I actually wondered about that.  :D  YAY for another check off the list.  ;) 
  • Options
    hugs to everyone dealing with sick family members :(

Baby B officially caught day care cold - today is day 5 so it didn't take long. He slept like crap and then this morning was all gross and I realized he had a cold. And then when i got him in his car seat he projectile spit up for the first time ever all over himself, car seat, and me. lovely. My weekend will be no sleep and sick baby snuggles. Blah.  

had hoped to go to the local baby/kid consignment sale tomorrow for 1/2 price day but guessing that won't happen now. Not that I had anything specific I needed for him although since he's so small he probably won't end up fitting into the summer clothes mom and I bought for him last year so it would have been nice to find some cheap.
  • Options
    @Heffalump  you'd think with the change Nosy would be more apt to go to the meeting!
    Your H needs to hush his mouth. {in the nicest way possible lol}

@mrsconn23  Vibes for your H's grandpa and for the meeting/interview thingy! <3

So got more details on M's interview yesterday. Basically if he gets any interviews or offers before the week of the 20th, they asked him to let them know. I think they expect him to get scooped up pretty fast.
    It's dealing with Electronic Medical Services, so when you go to a hospital they can swipe your health card and know what meds you're on, if there's known health issues, etc etc.
    Interesting part is that M did a project about this in school {since he's all for this happening!} so if he gets another interview then he said he'll be bringing it up :)
    As he said last night, when he did the project he never expected to have an opportunity to work with it.

We know nothing for a bit, but that gives time because M knows there is a test to make sure he knows certain programs.

That was literally majority of my night. Us just talking about his interview and looking at what the possible budget could be.

Tonight is Riverdale, laundry and likely a bath because my sinuses are still fucking stupid. Also my stomach has been cranky, so it'll help relax muscles at least.

Saturday is early bday party for my friend. A whole bunch of us are turning 30 this year, so this is a year of parties apparently lol

Sunday we're celebrating my mum's bday. I have her best friend coming to surprise her, so I'm hoping that'll pan out ;)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @Heffalump I'm sorry about your grandma

@mrsconn23 I'm sorry about Mr's grandpa.

I'm feeling a little better today.  I checked a bunch of stuff off of my list, finished a ton of work, followed up on a bunch of emails I've been ignoring, and got around to thinking about M2s birthday.  It's next week.

Tomorrow I've got a haircut then we need to get some stuff done around the house.  Sunday we're going to the science center for M2's fun day.
  • Options
    All the hugs for people dealing with illness, death, or just want a hug <3
  • Options

I'm so sorry about your grandma, @Heffalump. I hope your mom has safe travels and energy to get through that long day.

@mrsconn23 I'm really sorry about Mr. Conn's grandpa. Cancer sucks.

@kimmiinthemitten you probably aren't pregnant :) Aunt Flo came and went as she pleased when I first came off BC. I hope your cup overfloweth soon for your peace of mind though lol.

Morning all! I'm so glad it's Friday. This has been the week from hell, and its T minus 6 hours until it's over. Glory!

DH was PISSED last night about all that's been going on at my work. I am the spitfire between the two of us, so it was kinda weird to hear him so upset. But it feels really good to have him in my corner. (Not that he isn't usually, he's just usually very calm about things)

Tonight I plan to relax at home. I just need a night with nothing to do. No working out. Maybe not even any cooking. I need to have a serious self care night to recover from the shittiness of this week. I'm cutting down on alcohol for general health purposes, so maybe I'll do some herbal tea, a mud mask and paint my nails. And binge watch The Following on Netflix.

Mom and I rescheduled our movie date from last weekend for tomorrow night. So I'm going to clean the house before we go out.

Sunday will be church and probably not much else.

• Options
    @Heffalump I'm so sorry about your grandma!

And @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry about DH's grandpa!

Hugs for you both!

Just popped in to say hello - and then goodbye. Just got my final deadline of the week out the door - WOOHOOOOOO! And I have a half day today - DOUBLE WOOHOOO!!! So I am leaving in T-Minus one minute - going home to have lunch with H and then we are looking at daycares this afternoon!

Have a fabulous weekend everybody!
  • Options
    All the goods thoughts for the grandparents @Heffalump and @mrsconn23

I'm in a funk, too. I think a lot is work related, but I'm also feeling the isolation of having moved so much and not having close friends here. H is wonderful, but I need other human contact. I picked up another volunteer shift hoping that will help me shake this feeling. 

No major weekend plans, H and I are going out to dinner tonight, then more house projects. We're pretty boring. 
  • Options

I'm in a funk, too. I think a lot is work related, but I'm also feeling the isolation of having moved so much and not having close friends here. H is wonderful, but I need other human contact. I picked up another volunteer shift hoping that will help me shake this feeling. 

No major weekend plans, H and I are going out to dinner tonight, then more house projects. We're pretty boring. 
    Hubs and I and some friends are doing the St Pats 5k next weekend in Toledo if you want to join us for a beer tent cocktail!
  • Options

Hubs and I and some friends are doing the St Pats 5k next weekend in Toledo if you want to join us for a beer tent cocktail!
    Yes, definitely!
  • Options
    @Heffalump I'm so sorry about your grandma

@mrsconn23 I'm so sorry about FGIL. I'd be sending the kid an uber and starting draaanks early. Lol. 

Apparently SO is taking a half day so I need to get moving and to the gym so we can enjoy some time together. I feel like I've barely seen him this week. Tomorrow we are having dinner with my parents to celebrate my birthday. My mom said they are getting me pet insurance for kitty for the year as my present, and that helps to give me some peace of mind since I'm super poor right now. Adulting, where a gift of pet insurance is amazing. 

I want to go on a hike tomorrow with SO, but we'll have to go early because it's been 90 here during the day and I am not on board with it. It was fucking 53 last week. We turned on the air last night because it was 75 in the house and SO was all angsty because I wanted to sleep with the house at 70. Dude, you cannot have me take a nearly forty degree hit between last week and this week and expect me to adjust right away. This summer is going to be awful. 

• Options
    *sigh* Something that should have been answered within one MAYBE two emails, has now taken more than that .... it's an easy answer, wtf!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten wow!!! That is awesome!! So cool!

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  that's awesome! That's amazing of your company :)
  • Options
    @heffalump I'm sorry about your grandmother.    

DH has been sick since the 27th.    I feel for him I do.   He's has a fever, body aches, intestinal problems and fatigue.    But he's cranky and taking it out on me and I'm over it.   

Plus, I someone's been home for at least a day or I've been off a day since February 3rd.   It makes me feel less productive but I get to do all the stuff when DH is grumpy and tired.  

I'm over it.