Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I need help deciding on a wedding band...

My engagement ring is a vintage/antique family ring that has absolutely grown on me. It is a round 6 prong setting in a white gold coin edge band with 14k gold along the top and bottom edge. The central diamond is set on either side with three tiny diamonds each. This limits my choices as far as a wedding band goes. I have tried on a 14 k yellow gold infinity band with round shared prong set diamonds and I like the effect but I am not sure I want yellow gold ( I have attached that photo). I am curious about a two tone wedding band but it will need a straight edge to fit flush against my engagement ring. Also, I am an RDA and I'm concerned about wearing nitrile gloves throughout the day and if removing them will loosen the prongs. I guess a channel setting is pretty but is it as sparkly with smaller diamonds? I should also mention that we are on a MAJOR budget and I would be thrilled if I could get a ring for less than $500. Please help me with ideas. 

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu

Re: I need help deciding on a wedding band...

• Options
    I would get a plain white gold band. I love the simplicity of a plain band, it will be within your budget, and it won't distract from your beautiful engagement ring. 
  • Options
    Ok, so these are above your price point, but what about a band like one of these? No diamonds, but detailed, similar to your e-ring band.

http://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/plain-wedding-bands-women/?abv=version1&utm_expid=1332916-218.oi2nt-QvRd2WdXJBksfqwQ.1&utm_referrer=http://www.brilliantearth.com/?abv=version1

Your e-ring is gorgeous! I'm a big fan of a plain wedding band, but I actually like the one you have in your second pic! I think it goes nicely, and you could do either white or yellow gold.

Myself- I have a plain band. I work in a hospital and I have had my centre stone get loose. I also found that I was getting a build up of gunk (?from the sanitizer) in the trellis of my e-ring. Once I got married I stopped wearing my e-ring to work and just wear the plain band. No worries about a loose prong or ripping anything.

• Options
    Given your profession, you're going to want a plain band anyway regardless of it being your "official" ring or not.  It's just a good idea for work to have then you don't have to ever think/worry about it.  (what no one tells you is it's entirely not unusual that your "Wedding ring" isn't what you wear the rest of your life, you'll have a ring on your left hand to signify being married, it just doesn't mean it's "THE" ring...  Hands change sizes at different points in your life, career requirements, etc.)..  

I'd have a custom band made to match the line pattern TBH.  
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! I settled on this estate ring. I'll be able to wear it to work without the engagement ring and it won't catch on my gloves. I got an amazing deal on it too!

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu

• Options
    Excellent choice!
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Lovely ring!