Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Walking down the aisle

Hi All!  I really need some advice.  I'm thinking about walking down to "God Only Knows" but the problem is that song makes me cry when I'm just listening to it in the car, so I'm a little concerned with walking down to it.  

What do you all think?  Or, even better, what kind of super-duper waterproof make up can I use to combat this emotional day?

Thank you guys!!

Re: Walking down the aisle

• I love that song!

You know, when I was imaging walking down the isle to the music I had chosen, it got me choked up as well, but on the day, it wasn't too bad. The energy of the moment kind of took over, so I wasn't crying the way I imagined I might. I don't know - sometimes the anticipation of something is a much different than the thing itself. 

Also, tears are totally cool, expected, and touching, so I wouldn't worry about it. If the song is meaningful to you, then I think it's perfect!

• <div>Thank you so much!  That's what I wanted to hear.  I would hate to not walk down to it, but I didn't want to turn into a wet pile of mascara right when the whole deal started :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_walking-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:73d2a183-e0cb-49c5-ab59-e6fbe6adb86ePost:d2c4c256-762d-4897-b0b0-48a1c1ad911a">Re: Walking down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that song! You know, when I was imaging walking down the isle to the music I had chosen, it got me choked up as well, but on the day, it wasn't too bad. The energy of the moment kind of took over, so I wasn't crying the way I imagined I might. I don't know - sometimes the anticipation of something is a much different than the thing itself.  Also, tears are totally cool, expected, and touching, so I wouldn't worry about it. If the song is meaningful to you, then I think it's perfect! bonvivantbride.com
    Posted by mts220[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards