Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

It's Monday, and it's about to start raining here any second.  I'm supposed to run out at lunch to get odds and ends for the kids' funeral outfits, but I may blow it off if it's raining hard enough.  I did the thing at Nordstrom where you can order something in store and just swing by to pick it up, and thus DS acquires his first pair of dress pants.  I need to check them out in store, though--I may get him the matching jacket, and then he'll have a suit for the wedding.  And if I can pick up a black cardi for Wooz, that would be ideal.  She has a black and white dress that would be perfect, if not for the emoji embroidery.  A cardigan will cover that nicely, and protect her thin southern blood from what y'all in the Midwest erroneously refer to as "spring."  (We had the windows open all weekend here, it was glorious.)

It was a tiring weekend, but we got a lot done.  Sadly (for her), Wooz's swim instructor was sick Saturday, so that was one less stop.  She rode her horse no-handed on Saturday!  DS had two soccer games, and bless his heart, he is just not there yet.  He's doing a good job of at least keeping up with the ball, which is an improvement.  But he's as likely to be twirling as he is to be actually keeping an eye on the ball. 

Started packing last night, so I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve. 

What's going on this week, WW?  How was the weekend?

Re: Monday

• Options
    Our weekend was pretty good.  I only worked a little Saturday morning (although bossman's first words to me were, "I came in yesterday because XYZ" in the tone that specifically said "I expected you to be here, too, even though I never communicated that to you when we discussed the plan for the weekend," so I now have a case of the Mondays), so we got some major gardening in, DH got a MASSIVE sunburn, and we had a pine cone party.  If you've never hosted--or been invited to-- a pine cone party, consider yourself lucky.  It's not that much fun.  Especially with the pine cones in our yard.  They sting like bumblebees, even through work gloves, and I'm still picking splinters out of my hands.  But, we got all the pine cones out of the yard and gardens (for now) and burned them all in our fire pit, so there was a little satisfaction to go along with the achy muscles and sore fingers.

This morning, we awoke to no water.  We had been having intermittent water issues throughout the weekend, and I guess the well pump finally quit.  At least, I really hope it's worst-case the well pump, because our neighbor said he had to spend $10k to dig a new well that ended up being over 800' when he bought his property.  So we're waiting on the home warranty people to get back to us.

This week will be loooong.  I may be switching to night shift for the week.  Part of me wants to do it for the extra money, the other part of me is hesitant to screw with my sleep schedule.  Decisions, decisions.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Weekend was kind of a bummer; I worked the entire time. I also got my annual performance review back Friday afternoon and I feel some of it is unfair (this slightly misrepresented, and some of the great things I've done this year not included), but I don't really have much of an outlet. Just making my decision to leave even clearer. 

I leave Wednesday for Chicago, and I'm seriously obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack and I can't wait to see it. My H (not a musical fan) said, "why do you need to see it if you're already listening to the soundtrack?". He clearly doesn't get it. 
  • Options
    Had a very productive weekend. Got my hair done, did a little shopping, finalized the paint color for the nursery (Ben Moore Pink Cadillac!!). H and I had a date night at a local steakhouse which was amazing. Although, I am looking forward to the end of August when I can start ordering my steak medium rare again. Then some friends of ours invited us to go out with them to a local craft brewery, where I ordered a pint of their finest water ;) H is really enjoying having a designated driver lol. 

I was in Target over the weekend stocking up on cleaning supplies and and baking supplies and I thought I'd pop over to the baby clothes section to take a look. First of all, the Dr. Seuss for Osh Kosh collection is amazing - it's like mod squad but for baby and toddler girls. But then hormones kicked in and I started sobbing in the middle of the baby section because everything was so stinkin' adorable. Luckily there is more than one Target near us because it's going to be awhile before I can go back to that one again without being embarrassed. 
  • Options
    Weekend was OK.   Chiquito had a birthday party Saturday at the local children's museum and he loved all the stuff inside but he wanted to keep a safe distance from the fire engine with flashing lights.

Yesterday was quiet and Chiquita and I played for a bit.

Last night as we went to bed we heard a noise and after investigating, we think there is some critter moving in our attic.  I live in the middle of a tree-filled area and our neighbor across the street just cut down a bunch of trees in his yard.   I'm not surprised if wildlife is looking for a new home but GET OUT OF MINE.  What's worse is that the sounds IMO are not mouse-like.   It just sounds.....more muscular.  And that scares the crap out of me.

In the middle of the night I had a dream that access to our attic was via pull down stairs from the ceiling, DH pulled them down and a family of wild turkeys walked down the stairs and into our home.

I have Chiquita's parent-teacher conference this afternoon.   Between the animals and that, I may be making a packie run....
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm on the train into Chicago and kinda dig it even though it's a full train. Except I'm starving and all that's left is a mushy fruit cup and a danish. 

This weekend was fun. Had a work after hours thing Friday and celebrated a friends birthday Saturday. I also did a 8.5 mile training walk Saturday and was so sore from it!  Time to invest in that second pair of walking shoes.

I didn't feel well Sunday (a non hangover stomach problem) so H did my laundry (gush) and I watched some more West Wing. Man, Mrs Landingham and Two Catherdrals gets me every time. 

@heffalump I'll have you know we had our windows open both days too so there! ;)

ETA:  @banana468  the last time I thought we had something larger than mice in our attic, it was still mice so I hope you're wrong!

• Options
    @Heffalump, yeah, dress up warm.  We don't have spring here yet!
    @atomicblonde, I seriously thought you went to a pine cone party and i wanted to know what it was.  Obviously everyone bring a pine cone but why? what do you do with them?  Then I realized what was really going on.  There was no real pine cone party!
    @charlotte989875, the sound track helps immensely, but no.  you got to SEE it.  You have to see it all!
    @sparklepants41, the baby clothes are adorbs.  Also try tjmaxx or marshalls. I used to work there and was like 'awwwww why didn't they have clothes like this when I was a baby?  I would have been fashionable!  

Friday we went to get our taxes done.  Again.  DH is a railroader, so I requested someone who had RR experience when I called.  Bless her heart, nice lady - but not a rail road expert.  I now have to call his place of business to get further clarification on his w2s!  btw, that was our 2nd appt with h&r block, we'll be making a third. So 3+ hours will be invested.

Saturday I rediscovered Costco, and got a membership card.  I forgot how they carried some unique items at (mostly) good prices.  It was pretty busy so now I don't know if I want to go on weekends where it's busy - but also have free samples....or go on the weeknights when it tends to be less busy.

My foundation that I had been waiting on for 1 week finally arrived but it was the wrong color.  I'm allowed to exchange, but that'll take another 2 weeks.  I had to go to ulta and pick out a new one.  actual conversation:
    lady: "can I help you with anything?"
    me: "I need to find a color for me, but I'm not sure which one.  One of the three lightest I'm sure"
    lady: "well you're definitely not an ivory" (lightest one).  Does a skin patch test on my wrist and jawline.  "oh.  You're an ivory".

• Options
    @sparklepants41 get your steak medium rare now. It's highly unlikely that it'll do any harm especially at a reputable steak house. The worry there is food poisoning and any food poison causing bacteria will be on the outside of the steak and cooked off. Then again, I didn't follow any of the food recommendations.

I got a massage Saturday and it was glorious! I haven't felt as good as I do now in a long time. She did a trigger point massage where she'd find a knot and hold pressure on it while I breathed through it until it released. I'm a little sore, but not too bad and my back feels 90% better than it has.

H and I went to an open house yesterday and really loved it other than the backyard was really small. If we'd already sold his house, we might have put in an offer, though because everything else was perfect. I'll be hiring someone this week to go do the repairs at H's house.

I started my period yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I'm guessing between that and the massage and breastfeeding, I was just really thirsty last night. I drank 64 oz of water in the space of an hour and H was pissed because he was concerned about it and I wasn't. I kept telling him that I felt fine other than being thirsty.

I'm now off to see the gyno for my annual. For some reason they wouldn't do it 3 weeks ago when I had my final postnatal visit.
  • Options
    Hey there! 

Weekend was all right.  I worked Saturday.  We went out to dinner with friends.  For Top Chef peeps, the place we went was one of Hugh Acheson's restaurants and it was a good decision.  ;)  The food and drinks were pretty good.  They had this crispy chicken that need more of in my life.  :D  After that we went over to this church that has been converted into a restaurant and brewery.  Our friend ordered the most amazing poutine.  I was so full, but I still had some.  I want to go back for dinner. 

Yesterday I did some work and then went to the store.  I made a great dinner and then we just vegged for the rest of the night.  
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat thank you - you just made my day.

Just found out our niece, who is in St. Petersburg for the next two weeks on an exchange, had gotten off the subway only 10 minutes before the bomb went off. She's safe - thank god - but is understandably very shaken and very freaked out. It's her first time away from home by herself. My SIL is really freaking out - understandably. She left work to go home and face time my niece. I'm having a hard time concentrating at work. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Saturday was just sort of bumming around, Home Depot kid build, board games, party prep, DH took Max to the Crew game.

Sunday was M2's party.  Rainbows everywhere and she had a BLAST.  She was very particular that she read every card out loud and look at every gift. My family didn't leave until almost 7.  A SEVEN HOUR bday party.  I'm exhausted. 

Last night I had a weird dream that all of my bottom teeth fell out.  It was more like dentures though because they were attached to each other.  Then I looked in the mirror and realized it was just the tops of the teeth and these little white "nerves" were sticking out.  I woke up to M2 telling me that she lost her first tooth.  That kid is creepy. 
  • Options
    Holy shit @sparklepants41!  I'm glad your niece is OK, but that is a really close call.  I hope she can enjoy the rest of her trip, but ugh...terrible.  :( 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Saturday was just sort of bumming around, Home Depot kid build, board games, party prep, DH took Max to the Crew game.

Sunday was M2's party.  Rainbows everywhere and she had a BLAST.  She was very particular that she read every card out loud and look at every gift. My family didn't leave until almost 7.  A SEVEN HOUR bday party.  I'm exhausted. 

Last night I had a weird dream that all of my bottom teeth fell out.  It was more like dentures though because they were attached to each other.  Then I looked in the mirror and realized it was just the tops of the teeth and these little white "nerves" were sticking out.  I woke up to M2 telling me that she lost her first tooth.  That kid is creepy. 
    I LOL'd at this.  Very interesting indeed though!

@sparklepants41, holy moly! I can't even imagine what is going through her head right now.  How scary.  So glad she's OK. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Holy cow sparklepants!  Glad she's safe.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 @6fsn @CharmedPam thank you - it's incredibly surreal. She only just arrived Saturday afternoon St. Petersburg time/early am EDT, so she has got to be super freaked out. She's part of an exchange with her HS Russian class, and it was late afternoon over there when it happened, so I am just praying her other classmates are also safe. 
  • Options

@sparklepants41, wow!  I'm so glad your niece is okay.

I had a good weekend overall.  Relaxing.

One bad thing.  We ordered Domino's last night (because the cupboards are bare) and my H got bad food poisoning!  I stayed up a little too late because I wasn't tired.  Was just about ready to go to bed and he started throwing up.  I stayed up another 40 minutes to make sure he was okay, until I finally went to bed.  Then woke up at 3:30 because apparently the back French door (which is in our bedroom) had not been locked and the wind had blown it open.  Not a good night's sleep to say the least and I've been exhausted today.

But Saturday was the 1st and a lot of rent money came in.  I paid down a big chunk of credit card debt this morning and that perked me up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow glad your niece is safe @sparklepants41
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Hey there! 

Weekend was all right.  I worked Saturday.  We went out to dinner with friends.  For Top Chef peeps, the place we went was one of Hugh Acheson's restaurants and it was a good decision.  ;)  The food and drinks were pretty good.  They had this crispy chicken that need more of in my life.  :D  After that we went over to this church that has been converted into a restaurant and brewery.  Our friend ordered the most amazing poutine.  I was so full, but I still had some.  I want to go back for dinner. 

Yesterday I did some work and then went to the store.  I made a great dinner and then we just vegged for the rest of the night.  
    What restaurant did you go to? Yeah H and DSs love St. Joseph's brewery and the poutine!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Hey there! 

What restaurant did you go to? Yeah H and DSs love St. Joseph's brewery and the poutine!
    Punch Bowl Social

The pimento cheese with bacon marmalade is amazing.  I got a salad with the crispy chicken.  DH got chicken and waffles.  I also got a boozy milkshake for dessert.  All of it was delicious. 
  • Options

Yeah!  I just found out there is going to be a Fried Chicken Festival in NOLA in September.  Mmmmm...fried chicken.

Boo!  September is 6 months away, lol.  Oh, Times Picayune (our paper), why must you tell me these things when it is so far away?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey everyone!
    @sparklepants41 Glad your niece is okay! Those close calls are often so mentally daunting. 
    @atomicblonde every time I read about your work, I feel drained on your behalf. 
    My FI used to work night shifts (and his weekend was Monday and Tuesday but that's a different story). Sleep is a huge deal. At least for FI, the distractions during day time meant easily missing sleep. Also, other health risks are so real, too. His eating habits changed and so did his lethargy and subsequently his energy levels. Also, it got in the way of a lot of social activities as he was either sleeping, working, or getting ready for work at prime time. On the other hand, there's the pay and the lack of hubbub. I hope everything works out for you! 

My weekend was okay. I went to a seafood restaurant with a 75 minute wait. The food was fantastic! Their cheesecake was the best I've ever had! I want to go back just for that. I was documenting wedding and affiliated spending yesterday. I'm annoyed by how quickly little things add up. 
     I feel like today is a silent black and white film. However, I haven't slept at all in nearly 4 days. So I'm kind of on autopilot. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Hey there! 

Punch Bowl Social

The pimento cheese with bacon marmalade is amazing.  I got a salad with the crispy chicken.  DH got chicken and waffles.  I also got a boozy milkshake for dessert.  All of it was delicious. 
    I've heard of that place, I thought it was just a bar, didn't realize it was dinner too. Your dinner sounds yummy
  • Options
    Friday night we went to a kickback at SO's brother's place. It made us feel really old. I usually don't feel like I am adulting that well, but when we got there and felt the vibe I was like "well, I guess we're better adults than we thought." 

On Saturday we went on a hike and then a birthday party for one of SO's coworkers. It was awkward and I was so happy to leave. Longest two hours ever. Sunday we were kind of lazy. SO got sick and I went out for dinner and drinks with his sister and her bf. We ended up befriending our Lyft driver and she came in for a drink with us at the last stop. Lol. 

Today I'm spending time with my mom and we're going to visit my grandma. It's a little cooler out than expected but overall it's a nice day. I'm happy to see both of them. It's been awhile. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Hey there! 

Punch Bowl Social

OMG that sounds wonderful. I'm from the south and love pimento cheese! We are definitely going to have to try that place.
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat thank you - you just made my day.

Just found out our niece, who is in St. Petersburg for the next two weeks on an exchange, had gotten off the subway only 10 minutes before the bomb went off. She's safe - thank god - but is understandably very shaken and very freaked out. It's her first time away from home by herself. My SIL is really freaking out - understandably. She left work to go home and face time my niece. I'm having a hard time concentrating at work. 
    Wow -- so glad your niece is safe!
  • Options
    Saturday I had to take FW to a leadership thing at school, then I went to volunteer at an organization that sorts surplus medical supplies and ships them to poor countries. After I picked up FW, we had a late lunch at a Southern fusion restaurant. Later, I met up with my sponsor, and after that, Housemate and I went to a modern dance concert. It was amazing!

Yesterday, Housemate and I went grocery shopping, then a friend of ours came over to watch Wrestlemania with FW. (You read that right - FW is a WWE fan.) I also made minestrone and am very pleased with how it came out.

Today was chaos; not just the usual dealing with weekend emergencies, but also, everyone needing something right now, plus a new attorney starting. But I powered through it and even got some low-priority work done that I wasn't able to get to for weeks.

• Options
    Saturday I had to take FW to a leadership thing at school, then I went to volunteer at an organization that sorts surplus medical supplies and ships them to poor countries. After I picked up FW, we had a late lunch at a Southern fusion restaurant. Later, I met up with my sponsor, and after that, Housemate and I went to a modern dance concert. It was amazing!

Yesterday, Housemate and I went grocery shopping, then a friend of ours came over to watch Wrestlemania with FW. (You read that right - FW is a WWE fan.) I also made minestrone and am very pleased with how it came out.

Today was chaos; not just the usual dealing with weekend emergencies, but also, everyone needing something right now, plus a new attorney starting. But I powered through it and even got some low-priority work done that I wasn't able to get to for weeks.

Glad you're getting though work, OWK!  
    What IS it with WWE?  Why was this one so special?  Everyone on facebook was posting about it, and DH's bff even was at the thing.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    @CharmedPam I don't know if this is why, but John Cena proposed to his girlfriend this week.  We introduced 6let to WWE on vacation and now it's on our DVR.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017
    6fsn said:
    @CharmedPam I don't know if this is why, but John Cena proposed to his girlfriend this week.  We introduced 6let to WWE on vacation and now it's on our DVR.
    So while I'm not much into WWE, I am into drama shows - I actually know who these people are because of Total Divas! LOL

• Options
    6fsn said:
    Also apparently Gronk was on this one.