Chit Chat
Options

Things that make you go hmmm

Women who agree to be filmed during mammograms for news B rolls. GTFOH!

Re: Things that make you go hmmm

• Options
    Is that a thing?
  • Options
    Is that a thing?
    There's always a clip during mammogram stories on the news!  I'm like who are these women?  I'm grumpy AF during the monster mash. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've never had a mammogram but I'm not thinking it's something I'd want filmed!

My big hmm of the day is that my state just passed free four-year college tuition for all lower and middle class state residents, as long as the family income is below $100,000 (going up to $125,000 by 2019).  I've gotten into spats with people who hate the idea of free education and also with people who attack me when I suggest that in certain parts of the state, the low six figures isn't really middle class.  I don't usually disagree with both sides of an argument so I'm "hmmmm-ing" myself.  :o
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

My big hmm of the day is that my state just passed free four-year college tuition for all lower and middle class state residents, as long as the family income is below $100,000 (going up to $125,000 by 2019).  I've gotten into spats with people who hate the idea of free education and also with people who attack me when I suggest that in certain parts of the state, the low six figures isn't really middle class.  I don't usually disagree with both sides of an argument so I'm "hmmmm-ing" myself.  :o
    Ooh, I didn't think of it like that either but come to think of it, the state of NY must have one of the largest disparties in the nation!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

I hear ya!  But at least it is something.

It reminds me of my high school days.  If "need" was a condition, I could forget it.  I didn't even qualify for scholarships with more broad "need" terms, that were focused on the middle class.  My parents made LESS than the average income for my area...but we lived in super HCOL Orange County, CA.

Especially on a national scale, it is so incredibly dumb.  $100K/year in some areas is living like Midas.  In other areas, you can't even rent a 2 bed apartment and pay all your other bills with that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My "things that make you go hmmm..." for the day are drivers who drive so SLOW.  Like they're being all overly cautious.  Except then they run a light that just turned red.

"Dude!!!  If you just drive the speed limit, you'll make a lot more lights and then you don't have to run them.  It's also 1,000x safer."

Wedding Countdown Ticker