Wedding Party

Beach wedding bridesmaids gift ideas

Here's my idea for bridesmaids gifts. What do you think?

Beach bag or makeup roll bag
Bridal party Sunglasses (for pictures, but very cheap)
Hair ties (say where's my beaches?)
Jewelry 
Wet bikini bags 
Wine tumbler (mermaid design)
Hangover kit 
Punta Cana magnet 
Personalized letter

Re: Beach wedding bridesmaids gift ideas

• Only give your maids gifts like this if it is something they would truly use and enjoy. We discourage matching gifts and tell brides to shop for gifts like they would for a birthday event.

If there is anything that you are wanting them to wear (specific sunglasses/jewelry) that is not part of the gift.

• Actually those are things I think they all would enjoy. They love to travel, swim and drink wine. 
  • If this is a DW while the beach bag could be nice, I'd hesitate to give gifts that could be an issue for packing.   I don't check luggage if I can help it so I wouldn't want something bulky.  

A makeup roll is OK but I have a makeup bag for my brushes/jewelry.   

I have hair short enough that I don't use hair ties.   Ever.   I'd look like Pebbles Flintstone.   

Jewelry is great if it's my style.   If it's required or themed it could be hard to please all the BMS.  

Sunglasses that are cheap and for pictures are gifts for you.   They're YOUR photos.   I wear polarized glassed.   I don't buy cheap ones.  

A wet bikini bag could be nice as could a hangover kit. I'd probably toss out the wine tumbler when I got home and a Punta Cana magnet is fine but it's a souvenir.  

Nothing is particularly bad but nothing is looking individualized either.     Think about whether your friends will use these.   
  • I think these are all cute ideas but agree with PPs. Make sure these are all something each person would enjoy or you are basically wasting money. 
  • Actually those are things I think they all would enjoy. They love to travel, swim and drink wine. 
    As I said above though, if they love to travel, do they have bags for the beach?   For wet clothes?   If they drink, do they have wine glasses?

I can tell you as a wine lovers that I'm far more likely to keep a really nice bottle of wine or great quality glasses over funky painted ones.    I drink out of clear Riedel most of the time and sometimes cut crystal.   I'd tilt my head if I received a mermaid wine tumbler.   

• Well I'm already buying their dresses and paying for their hair to get done. I just want little thank you gifts. Nothing too big to travel with. 
  • Well I'm already buying their dresses and paying for their hair to get done. I just want little thank you gifts. Nothing too big to travel with. 
    What about alcohol?

The things you mentioned above that you're buying are really nice gestures but they aren't gifts.   They're for your wedding.    

Take your wedding out of it and think of your BMS.    If they like these things, think of their style when buying.   
  • ernursej said:
    Well I'm already buying their dresses and paying for their hair to get done. I just want little thank you gifts. Nothing too big to travel with. 

The dresses being paid for is nice. The hair isn't a gift. If you are wanting their hair to be done then you need to pay for it. Awesome that you are thinking about size of gifts with traveling. You know your maids better than we do.

I've thrown out (after some time) everything that wasn't a thoughtful maid's gift. The best gifts were things like gift cards to favourite stores, a book that I had been thinking about getting for a while, a bottle of wine, an IOU for dinner out together. They spoke to who I was as a person.

I agree with all of this. I've sold, donated, or tossed all of the genetic BM gifts, matchy jewelry that isn't my style, or themed gifts. We're working on downsizing the amount of stuff we have in our lives, and I'm picky about clothes/jewelry/homegoods so I would so much rather have a bottle of my favorite wine, or a GC to my favorite restaurant than beach and wine stuff I didn't pick out myself. Maybe I'm old and cranky, but I have too much "stuff" and I want things that go with my house or my tastes. 
  • edited March 2017
    I like the wet bikini bag and hangover kit ideas. To those two, I would add sunscreen, lip balm, a reusable water bottle in a favorite color, and a personal gift and letter for each bridesmaid.
  • I think your ideas are really cute and creative!

I know a lot of people mention gift cards, but I think gift cards are a little generic/unthoughtful. 
  • edited April 2017
    Aye aye captain. *over 1 month old=zombie thread*