Snarky Brides

Does this look like a wedding dress to you?

Re: Does this look like a wedding dress to you?

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Amazing.

• Same thing happened to me the other day on LetGo.  I decided to actually use it, and did a little search.  Searched for a couple of the things I was hoping to sell, just to see what was out there.  Then, I searched the word "wedding" and on the first "page" half the ads were for white and gold high-top gym shoes.  Apparently you can wear them with your tux?
  • Oh Cleveland, I love you.
  • Bahahah for a minute I thought you were serious and I was like sure, to each their own. At least you'd be comfy! (If not a tad under-dressed ;)

• adk19 said:

Same thing happened to me the other day on LetGo.  I decided to actually use it, and did a little search.  Searched for a couple of the things I was hoping to sell, just to see what was out there.  Then, I searched the word "wedding" and on the first "page" half the ads were for white and gold high-top gym shoes.  Apparently you can wear them with your tux?

Both this and @OurWildKingdom's example are so weird!  Are they mistakes?  Or do misguided advertisers think using a popular key word will yield more sales for a totally unrelated product?  NOT!

On a slightly different topic, I've been really curious about LetGo!  Does it cost anything to list?  I guess, as long as it doesn't, there is no harm in trying it out.  I have a defunct washing machine and a window a/c unit that need to get out of my life and space.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• adk19 said:

Same thing happened to me the other day on LetGo.  I decided to actually use it, and did a little search.  Searched for a couple of the things I was hoping to sell, just to see what was out there.  Then, I searched the word "wedding" and on the first "page" half the ads were for white and gold high-top gym shoes.  Apparently you can wear them with your tux?

Both this and @OurWildKingdom's example are so weird!  Are they mistakes?  Or do misguided advertisers think using a popular key word will yield more sales for a totally unrelated product?  NOT!

On a slightly different topic, I've been really curious about LetGo!  Does it cost anything to list?  I guess, as long as it doesn't, there is no harm in trying it out.  I have a defunct washing machine and a window a/c unit that need to get out of my life and space.

I think it's free; H listed some stufff on there when we moved and I'm pretty sure he didn't pay anything to do it. Like Craigslist, but just for stuff. I think. 

• adk19 said:

I think it's misguided advertisers. I've seen stuff like this before. On Pinterest too. I'll report stuff that's miscategorized. #useallthehashtags