Wedding Woes
Options

Rude or Kind?

Two days ago, I was in a local coffee shop eating a bagel that had cream cheese on it. As I was finishing and reading my book, a man approached me from the other side of the room with two napkins motioning very largely for me to wipe my mouth, which had a tad of cream cheese on it. To me, this comes across as rude because I already had a napkin visibly handy—and in a crowded shop, seemed unnecessary and embarrassing to point out. My family thinks this wasn’t in the slightest rude but helpful. What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rude or Kind?

• Options
    Why is this person still thinking about this days later and writing a letter to Prudie about it?!
  • Options
    That the guy was kind of weirdo, but it's nbd.  I don't think he was rude.  I think he was weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'd want someone to tell me if I had something on my face. 
  • Options

6fsn said:

Agreed, but not from across the room, unless it had already been there for a long time.  My impression from the letter was that she was basically still eating and hadn't even had a chance yet to wipe her face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

6fsn said:

Agreed, but not from across the room, unless it had already been there for a long time.  My impression from the letter was that she was basically still eating and hadn't even had a chance yet to wipe her face.

I will admit I was oversensitive about this then when H and I were first dating but now I laugh about it. Every time he tells me I have something on my face it's before I've even chewed or swallowed and my napkin is on my way to my face. But even when I was annoyed by it, I wouldn't have wrote a letter about it!