Chit Chat

i'm probably going to hell

One of my dreadful coworkers got a drastic haircut over the weekend.  We all know this because she posted it all over social media.  She is now taking laps around the office stopping in "just to say hi" to everyone she can find.  She never does this, I'm not sure she has ever spoken to some of these people.  It is literally just so people will compliment her on her new do.  As a matter of principle, I refuse to say something even though I've bumped into her twice.  I just smiled and said hi. . . . I refuse to mention the hair because I know it is driving her bonkers.  I'm a terrible person!

Re: i'm probably going to hell

• It took me a minute to realize that drastic does not necessarily mean bad. :( oh well, fwiw I don't think you are a horrible person.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Oh no, it actually does look quite nice.

I'm just being petty, which I fully acknowledge. . . .I'm just in a mood today I guess.  Maybe I need more coffee! Or maybe I'm just annoyed that I have a crummy doctor's appointment in 45 minutes!

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

It took me a minute to realize that drastic does not necessarily mean bad. :( oh well, fwiw I don't think you are a horrible person.

I took it that way too

• It took me a minute to realize that drastic does not necessarily mean bad. :( oh well, fwiw I don't think you are a horrible person.

My first thought was the scene from Liar Liar where the assistant gets that wacky hairdo and asks Jim Carrey if he likes her hair and he says something like "whatever takes the focus off your face!"

• kaos16 said:

One of my dreadful coworkers got a drastic haircut over the weekend.  We all know this because she posted it all over social media.  She is now taking laps around the office stopping in "just to say hi" to everyone she can find.  She never does this, I'm not sure she has ever spoken to some of these people.  It is literally just so people will compliment her on her new do.  As a matter of principle, I refuse to say something even though I've bumped into her twice.  I just smiled and said hi. . . . I refuse to mention the hair because I know it is driving her bonkers.  I'm a terrible person!

She's being a total AW. I totally understand why you're not feeding her ego.
  • atomicblonde said:
    I'd wait til it obviously has grown out, and then ask, "Did you do something different with your hair?"

And if it makes you feel better, I get great satisfaction from withholding compliments, especially when someone is obviously fishing for them. Sorrynotsorry, but I don't blow rainbows up anyone's ass.

a good suggestion!