Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wrap for evening ?

Got my dress sorted. Getting married on 8th June , just wondering if i will need a wrap for the evening. I feel the cold easily and wondered if I will feel it going in and out of places with air con but don't really want to schlep it about. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Wrap for evening ?

• Options
    Not knowing where you are getting married nor what the temperature normally is, makes this very hard to answer. Personally, I wouldn't bother. If you are going to be dancing and have a decent number of people attending, I would think you will be warm enough.
  • Options
    You said on another board you're having a vow renewal. Are you married? What is happening on June 8th?

Either way, without knowing where you're located, I can't answer this question. I would google "average temperature june (city)". Start there.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

Got my dress sorted. Getting married on 8th June , just wondering if i will need a wrap for the evening. I feel the cold easily and wondered if I will feel it going in and out of places with air con but don't really want to schlep it about. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Odd.  You asked about a recommendation for "dinner for 2" following the vow renewal you and your husband have planned. 

If you are having a reenactment and are including uninformed guests, perhaps the nervous perspiration will keep your personal thermostat going.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited May 2017
    What kind of dress are you wearing?  I hope it isn't a wedding gown because you are not "getting married".

People who wear strapless evening gowns often use pashmina shawls to keep them warm.  I go on frequent cruises, and use shawls on formal nights.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    Depends on your location, and how long will you be in/outside.

I got married in the month of January. I had a coat for when I was entering/leaving the venue, but our venue was climate controlled, so no issues there. The room got quite warm when everyone was dancing, and many guests, including myself, were going in/out to the verandah to cool off when needed.

So I would say you're probably fine without. BUT- are you usually cold? Do you usually bring a sweater or jacket with you when you go out? If so, then get a shawl.
  • Options
    I used a pashmina shawl at my wedding, and use it regularly as a scarf during the winter since the wedding. It was an unusually cold day, so I was happy to have it. We did photos outside, and I was freezing when I didn't have it on, or while I was waiting on other photos taken, etc.