Chit Chat
Options

Colorado Springs?

There is a strong possibility my husband will be transferred here. I have been to Denver, but know nothing about Colorado Springs. Has any one lived there or visited? Is it any good? Not sure I'm ready to move cross country right now.

Re: Colorado Springs?

• Options
    I think we have some Colorado Knotties; @lyndausvi and @CMGragain can you help?
  • Options
     I've never been to Colorado Springs.  I like @Jells2dot0 lived there at one time.

I live near Aspen, CMG lives even farther west, just a few miles from the Utah border.

I lOVE Colorado in general.   Great people and great weather (yes, even with a random spring snow storm).  Most people are pretty active with outdoor activities all year round.  

I think all the fresh air and activities makes people happier.  Or I guess some people could say it's the weed :tongue:    Although it's not a part of my life.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I lived in Littleton, so suburb of Denver. I have only ever driven through the Springs. 

I loved being in Colorado because I was driven to be outdoors and be active. I lived in a gorgeous neighborhood and would rush home from work to get in as much hiking as I could. I did have a tough time adjusting to the elevation (I was at about 6500 ft), but you just have to be patient with it if it's a problem. It took me months to get acclimated because I flew back to AZ every weekend.