Chit Chat

Kitchen Charm Scam

hey everyone, I just received a call from 'Kitchen Charm Canada' saying that they received my information from a bridal show in Stratford ON at the Arden Park Hotel. Apparently I won one of three prizes at the show, a few trips or rings from a jeweler in California (JVL Jewelers). After googling, I found an old thread on the Knot from 2010 with the EXACT same details that I received tonight. There are a few posts about people going to the 'cooking event' and it is basically a timeshare type presentation where you are suckered into paying deposits and shipping and not given anything in return. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. The reviews of the JVL rings say that they are cheap cheap cheap and that it is super complicated to plan the trips and there are a lot of hidden fees and conditions. 
The lady's name was Connie, she gave me the number 1-800-448-9594 to call her back but she called initially from a number in Vaughan (Toronto) Ontario. 

Re: Kitchen Charm Scam

• This is why creating a separate email address for wedding planning is advisable. Bridal shows are notorious for selling your information.

• This is why creating a separate email address for wedding planning is advisable. Bridal shows are notorious for selling your information.

And wedding dress shops (***cough, David's Bridal, cough***)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker