Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to address the invitation clearly in this situation...?

Hello hello wonderful people...I need some addressing advice...

I actually have most of the invitations addressed and I'm pretty sure I managed to follow all of the etiquette rules, but now my MOH's housing situation changed and I'm readdressing the invite to her and her family (husband and child).

They are now living with his parents temporarily and will still be there when the invitations are mailed out.

I originally had their invitation addressed as "The [Surname] Family" but now that they're living with his parents addressing it like that would indicate that it was for his parents and sisters.

How should I address it now? (there are no inner envelopes)

Mr. Hisname and Mrs. Hername Surname, and Childsname

Mr. Hisname Surname and Family

Mr. and Mrs. Hisname Surname and Family

Mr. Hisname and Mrs. Hername Surname
Childname

Any advice would be much appreciated :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to address the invitation clearly in this situation...?

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    If you are using inner envelopes, Iwould use either "Ms. First Name Last Name and Mr. First Name Last Name" or "Mr. and Mrs. Husband's First Name Last Name", whichever is appropriate, on the outer envelope and the same with the name of their child on the inner envelope.

Otherwise, use whichever is right for your MOH and her husband with their child's name underneath on the mailing envelope.

Either way, don't use "And Family" or '"And Child." The child needs to be listed by name, and "And Family" won't work since the entire family isn't invited.
  • Thank you so much :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry, but "and family" should never be written on an invitation.  You need the names of everyone you invite.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:

Sorry, but "and family" should never be written on an invitation.  You need the names of everyone you invite.

Okay, but just to be clear, "The [Surname] Family" is acceptable? Or do I need to readdress the other one like that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• CMGragain said:

Sorry, but "and family" should never be written on an invitation.  You need the names of everyone you invite.

Okay, but just to be clear, "The [Surname] Family" is acceptable? Or do I need to readdress the other one like that?

No it isn't acceptable. 
    Adults in The Household by Name
    Children Being Invited By Name. 

That way way it is clear who is invited!

• CMGragain said:

No it isn't acceptable. 
    Adults in The Household by Name
    Children Being Invited By Name. 

That way way it is clear who is invited!

Perfect.
    Thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker