Chit Chat

23 Wedding Horror Stories UPDATE: + another gem

lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited June 2017 in Chit Chat
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kaylasuazo/23-wedding-horror-stories-thatll-make-you-gasp?utm_term=.nwPNP6mb7#.hwRX70O2D

Enjoy! I sincerely hope some of these are made up. 

Update: Here's another lovely listicle from Buzzfeed. The first one with that caption is perfect. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/beatrizserranomolina/ruined-weddings?utm_term=.qwWg7dE4O#.ojMqd6LKP

Re: 23 Wedding Horror Stories UPDATE: + another gem

• I'm speechless.
  • I felt the worst for the couple who both had the flu.  Puked all during their vows.  Didn't even go to their reception or on their honeymoon.

My worst wedding story, though it could have been much worse, is when I was a BM in my friend's wedding.  I woke up feeling horribly sick.  I was puking every 10-15 minutes or so.  No alcohol was involved!  I think it was food poisoning.  After about two hours of this, I just started sobbing because I wasn't even sure I could make it to the wedding.

Finally, just 30 minutes before I needed to leave to go to her house, the puking stopped.  I felt sick and nauseous all day, but didn't puke again (phew!).  Because I'd been REALLY worried I was going to start puking up at the altar.  I would have felt so horrible to have been a big damper on the ceremony like that.  The wedding coordinator had a chair and a wastebasket ready for me over to the side, JIC, lol.

My friend, the bride, was just the best.  She was worried about me and not how I might "ruin" her wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel so bad for that cruise wedding family. I can't imagine having the whole extended family save up so a couple of them could go. 

I'm not saying she should have gone through with the marriage, but if I were the bride, I would have to reimburse them for the cost at least. 

Ugh how effing awkward to be stuck on a boat during that time! 

• I feel so bad for that cruise wedding family. I can't imagine having the whole extended family save up so a couple of them could go. 

I'm not saying she should have gone through with the marriage, but if I were the bride, I would have to reimburse them for the cost at least. 

Ugh how effing awkward to be stuck on a boat during that time! 

That was another awful one!  Not to mention, the couple was so rude to begin with.  There was essentially a "hefty admission price" to attend their wedding and they obviously didn't pay that for their guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2017

My first wedding was a real horror show.

Ceremony: ex-husband got pissed off @ the photographer b/c he was 'done with photos' meanwhile I had more shots I wanted.

Reception: People got drunk in the parking lot and threw up, 2 people got in a fight in the parking lot, ex-husband got drunk and stumbled and was slurring, his mom called him out on it, he stormed out like a blubbering idiot and when the band announced it was mother-son dance he wasn't there. Some people knew what was happening but most did not so when he was mother was there by herself waiting for him, that was awkward and embarrassing, I felt so bad for her.

I was so upset with the way he handled himself.

My dad made a 20 minute speech about HIMSELF. No mention of me. Nope. None.

A year & a half later we got divorced.

Who has me beat?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My first wedding was a real horror show.

Ceremony: ex-husband got pissed off @ the photographer b/c he was 'done with photos' meanwhile I had more shots I wanted.

Reception: People got drunk in the parking lot and threw up, 2 people got in a fight in the parking lot, ex-husband got drunk and stumbled and was slurring, his mom called him out on it, he stormed out like a blubbering idiot and when the band announced it was mother-son dance he wasn't there. Some people knew what was happening but most did not so when he was mother was there by herself waiting for him, that was awkward and embarrassing, I felt so bad for her.

I was so upset with the way he handled himself.

My dad made a 20 minute speech about HIMSELF. No mention of me. Nope. None.

A year & a half later we got divorced.

Who has me beat?

Some of the couples in the article.
  • @OwningAHome1981, yikes, that is a wedding horror story.  And, perhaps, a relationship horror story.  At least it's in the past and I hope your second marriage goes substantially better than the first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update: Here's another lovely listicle from Buzzfeed. The first one with that caption is perfect. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/beatrizserranomolina/ruined-weddings?utm_term=.qwWg7dE4O#.ojMqd6LKP
  • Those pics are hilarious, @lovesclimbing!
  • Ok the whale, llama, and kitten pictures are actually amazing. Would frame.