Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vendor Reviews!! MBay,Vista Suite,Brianna Michelle,DD Bus,Ri Ra,Mindy Bean Photo, Frankie Castro!!

Noelle1428Noelle1428 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2017 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Hi everyone!  I recently got married on March 30th and I am finally getting around to writing some reviews!  I hope they help some of you!

Mandalay Bay

We booked the Vista Suite for 4 nights.  AMAZING! It was much nicer than I had expected!  We had a pre-wedding party in the room (30 people) and there was TONS of room.  We had a DIY photo booth set up and we had Famous Dave's cater some BBQ. It went off without a hitch.  No one questioned anything...and we made NUMEROUS trips with balloons and alcohol, etc.  

We got married in the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.    Looking online prior to visiting the location, I never gave it a second thought.  My now husband had to practically drag me to see the location but once I was there OMG! Total wow factor.  We loved it and so did our guests.  Mandalay Bay were awesome to work with!  Brianna was our coordinator and she was very helpful with anything we needed.  We did have to use the chapel photographer for our ceremony which I was not a fan of but immediately following the ceremony our photographer took over..even taking photos of us throughout the aquarium.

Brianna Michelle Beauty

LOVE Brianna!  She did my hair and makeup last year when we were down on a scouting trip for our engagement photos.  I didn't think she could top my look from last year but she did!  I booked a trial for the day prior and as much as I loved my look on that day...she totally hit it out of the park on the wedding day.  I have never felt so beautiful in my life.  My hair and makeup stayed in place all (even through the massive wind storm that was taking place lol.)  She did my bridesmaids and my mother's hair and makeup as well and they all loved it.

Double Decker Bus

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!  The biggest mistake I could have made.  Leading up to the wedding day they were so helpful.  They helped me plan everything and they were awesome when it came to communication.  We arranged to rent a car and drop our drinks as well as money for ice off two days prior to the wedding.  The wedding day came and following the ceremony we left the venue to head to the parking lot to board the bus...NO BUS.  We waited and walked around and around....NO BUS.  Finally I got my cell phone from my mom who was carrying it and they had texted me 10 MINUTES PRIOR to the time they were supposed to be there to cancel!! They said it was too windy and they could not make it.  I called them and they offered NOTHING! They did not offer to bring the drinks to us, they did not offer to have someone else come in their place, they did not offer up any other companies..NOTHING!  Now granted, they did refund me but it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!! BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY!  I did manage to get on google and have a party bus come pick up my guests but I lost an hour of photography time and my gosh the stress! 30 people walking around looking for a bus?  INSANE!

RI RA

AMAZING!  We booked the Bordello room for our dinner.  We had dropped off our wedding favour bags, decor, guest book, etc. the day prior and they had everything set up PERFECTLY when we arrived.  The food was AMAZING.  We opted to provide a buffet and the food was constantly being topped up.  Everyone loved the fish and chips and people still rave about it to this day.  Following dinner we moved to the Parlour Room so we could have a view of the live band.  Again, amazing!  We had appetizers come out at midnight and again, so impressed with the food!  The Black Donnely's were playing and everyone was dancing ALL NIGHT!  I loved that we could go dance to the band but retreat back to our private space.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Mindy Bean Photography

We used Doug Bean for our wedding and there are  NO REGRETS!  Our photos are everything I could have ever wished for and more!  He is more than just a photographer. He helped my bridesmaids lace up my dress, he directed the bus driver on where to go when we finally got on the move for photos after the mishap, he got the microphone for my father during dinner, he without asking went and got us a cake knife for our cake cutting...the man did it all and more.  He made us and everyone else feel SO, SO comfortable.  Amazing photos were the one thing I REALLY felt passionate about and he above met my expectations. If you are looking for a photographer...you cannot go wrong with Doug!  Trust me!

Frankie Castro

We hired Frankie to preform at our wedding.  I booked him based off of his reviews on Gig Master and he did not disappoint.  He was the highlight of our wedding.  He had everyone in tears from laughter.  My husband was not to keen on hiring an Elvis Impersonator but he was so glad I convinced him lol.  He sang for half an hour and then he mingled and took photos with everyone.  He sang songs for our first dance as well as our dance with our parents.  We booked him months in advance and he constantly checked in to let us know we were still good to go, even wishing us a Happy Valentine's Day.  If you want an Elvis...Frankie is your man!

Re: Vendor Reviews!! MBay,Vista Suite,Brianna Michelle,DD Bus,Ri Ra,Mindy Bean Photo, Frankie Castro!!

• Options
    laws0137laws0137 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2017
    I love your dress! :) Do you have any pics of the Vista Suite? I am looking at using that for my reception. Does Mandalay Bay have security at the elevators? I'm just concerned about them not letting everyone up there when the time comes.
  • Options
    Mandalay bride over here as well!  You look amazing!  I'm seriously considering an Elvis impersonator.  If you don't mind me asking, how much was Frankie's fee?
  • Options
    Aw thank you!  We paid $325 for the one hour and it was so worth it!
  • Options
    There was never any security at the elevator and we were there four days going back and forth A LOT.  I didn't take too many pictures of the room without people in them lol.  Here is one I took and a couple of the views we had.  The suite is way larger and nicer than I was expecting.  The bedroom itself is large as well.  We shared the space on wedding day. I hid in there and had my makeup done while my husband and the groomsmen were getting pictures in the main area.  It worked perfectly!  
  • Options
    xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I LOOOOOVE your dress. And I love how excited you were about Bri! She's a miracle worker, that lady. :)