September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Diet!

Hi Ladies! I realize that we all have well over year to shed some pounds (if you're even interested in doing that - not trying assume we all need to lol) but I was wondering what kind of workout/diet plans you're on? I've decided that tonight I'm going to start doing Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer. My friend just lost 20lbs doing it so I thought I would give it a try. I also have an elliptical and treadmill at home so I guess i could actually get my lazy butt on those at some point. I would like to lose at least 10lbs before i try on dresses this fall and then hopefully continue the weight loss after that. So let me know what you're up to - maybe your ideas are even better!

Re: Wedding Diet!

• Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am doing the good old work my behind off at the gym routine.  I go about 5 times a week for about 1 - 2 hours and I try to eat a little less during the week.  I hate going to the gym but i love the results.  I use my fitness pal app on my phone to track everything.  It is flipping awesome
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Advocare!!!
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I've been eating healthy (no fried food, very little meat, whole grains, etc) as well as taking exercise classes. My weight fluctuates so much, though, that it won't really matter for me until next summer, that's when I'll really kick it into high gear. I also just finished a juice cleanse that made me lose all of my water weight and I felt great afterwards.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:e539390d-446d-4c1e-bf0f-e6237a0e5702Post:8b8f1739-9e2f-49d4-ad29-e300e2e79d26">Wedding Diet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies! I realize that we all have well over year to shed some pounds (if you're even interested in doing that - not trying assume we all need to lol) but I was wondering what kind of workout/diet plans you're on? I've decided that tonight I'm going to start doing Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer. My friend just lost 20lbs doing it so I thought I would give it a try. I also have an elliptical and treadmill at home so I guess i could actually get my lazy butt on those at some point. I would like to lose at least 10lbs before i try on dresses this fall and then hopefully continue the weight loss after that. So let me know what you're up to - maybe your ideas are even better!
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]
      This week I started riding like 5 miles a night on he stationary bike... you can vary the strength / resistance on it - ,its killing me - but i figure it is better than doing nothing -

as far as diet - um - i try to just not over eat - instead of 4 peices of pizza - i have 2 -

i am supposed to be going in september to try on dresses - and terrified -
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Technically, I'm on the paleo diet. However I just had a pizza and breadstick :x
  • Hello New here! But I alternate between juicing for 7 days and then I do fruit, veggies and protein. No sugar, no flour, no bread, no pasta (well wheat pasta I eat), no cold drinks...basically none of the good stuff lol! I also workout 4-5 times a week alternating between cardio and strength.

• I have been doing Tabata interval workouts....i.e. super-fast paced moves for 20 seconds, and then break for 10 seconds.  There are a lot of these workouts on comcast on-demand.....they are only about 20 minutes long, but it's a full-body workout, kicks your butt, and I've lost weight on it.  Also trying to do intervals while running. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a vegetarian, and I go vegan to lose weight/feel better - which for me really just means cutting out cheese. I'm okay with the weight I'm at, would just like to be more toned for the wedding...so I'm not terribly concerned about it right now! Probably will amp my running routine back up pretty soon here though. I am freaking out about trying on dresses a little - we're going in two weeks! Agghhh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks all for the advice!!! Sounds like I need to buckle down and get to it! Dress shopping in 3 months or so...yikes!
  • I started the Brazil Butt Lift 6 weeks ago. So I do that 6 days  a week. I cut out the cardio DVD (I don't think it works me enough) and started running on cardio days.
    I try to stay within 1200 - 1400 calories a day, I track on My Fitness Pal. I have lost maybe a pound but I definately look more toned and lost an inch around my hips and a half inch off each thigh.
    This week I'm in a funk though, I'm super tired and unmotivated and starving, though I've been keeping it in check eating a light snack of popcorn or a protein bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:e539390d-446d-4c1e-bf0f-e6237a0e5702Post:2a5cf691-1606-4a2c-8b7c-34f9e54e6a15">Re: Wedding Diet!</a>:
    [QUOTE] My weight fluctuates so much, though, that it won't really matter for me until next summer, that's when I'll really kick it into high gear.Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

THIS!

One day I can be 5lbs heavier than the day before just because of water retention. So frustrating!!

I already have ordered my dress so I cannot lose too much weight but because I'm going to get married in Las Vegas, I know I will have a water retention issue (been there three times and it always happened) so basically if I can lose 10lbs before going there, even if I puff a little because of water weight, it won't show much and I won't feel too tight in my dress.

I use My Fitness Pal to track calories (about 1400/day) and I bike to go to work and back home (30 minutes per day) and I also do some strength exercises.

I try to do things as natural as possible. I've been through eating disorders before and I don't want to be into that state of mind ever again. and since I have more than a year, even if I lose 1 pound per month, then it's alright! :)
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards