Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom and Groomsmen tux

Hello,

Need an opinion on the tux colors I have picked out and friends/family are split on if they like it or not.  

Sorry the pictures aren't the best...and are so giant....

^^^This would be the groom

^^^This would be the groomsmen.

I like the idea of having the groom in a different jacket/pant color. I'll obviously be in something different than my bridesmaids and I want him to equally stand out.

Thanks!

Re: Groom and Groomsmen tux

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    These are not tuxedos.  They are suits.  This is fine if you want to rent suits.  Tuxedos have satin lapels and pants with a satin stripe down the side.  They are black.  (Men's Wearhouse does not know!  They only care about $$$)

I am not a fan of the tan combined with the charcoal grey.  I think your guys would look better if they all wore charcoal grey suits.  I also think the navy vests look a bit odd next to the charcoal grey.  Why not matching vests?  That is proper for suits.

Are your guys OK with the pink?  My husband wouldn't be.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

The guys are kind of indifferent about the pink. (1/2 of them aren't thrilled about wearing something fancier than camo shorts... but sorry camo shorts in my opinion are not wedding attire)

These are from Savvi. The grooms is black jacket/pants lapel lined in silk. Navy/Marine vest and pink tie. White shirt.

The GMs is heather grey jacket/pants lined lapel. Navy/Marine vest. pink tie. white shirt.

Again kinda hard to see exact colors from the picture.    

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited July 2017

The guys are kind of indifferent about the pink. (1/2 of them aren't thrilled about wearing something fancier than camo shorts... but sorry camo shorts in my opinion are not wedding attire)

These are from Savvi. The grooms is black jacket/pants lapel lined in silk. Navy/Marine vest and pink tie. White shirt.

The GMs is heather grey jacket/pants lined lapel. Navy/Marine vest. pink tie. white shirt.

Again kinda hard to see exact colors from the picture.    

They are suits.  Doesn't matter.  If you like these suits, they are fine.  I would suggest that everyone wears a black jacket, black vest.  Much more formal looking and less color clash.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I agree that the vests should be the same color as the jacket and pants.. The color of the tie and pocket square are fine if that is what your FI wants his guys to wear (and himself). I also like the look of all the GM and groom being in the same suit but that is personal preference. I know the colors are off here, but I think the gray looks too light next to the black.
  • Options

What do you think about nixing the pink and doing navy/marine tie and pocket square.

The bridesmaids dresses will be the same color as the vest and should match since the shops have the same owner. The color is called Marine. it's lighter than a true navy. more of a royal blue color.
    The maids dresses would be long with that bright pink shoes and that bright pink necklace. So I'd like to have a pop of pink on the guys as well

• Options

What do you think about nixing the pink and doing navy/marine tie and pocket square.

The bridesmaids dresses will be the same color as the vest and should match since the shops have the same owner. The color is called Marine. it's lighter than a true navy. more of a royal blue color.
    The maids dresses would be long with that bright pink shoes and that bright pink necklace. So I'd like to have a pop of pink on the guys as well 

I hope to God you bought those shoes and necklaces for them.

The sides of the wedding party do not need to match all colors. Are you going to have a pop of pink? If you really want the groom to stand out like you do, have him wear the lighter suit with a matching gray vest and a white tie. Then yeah, do marine for everyone else. The GMs were better to begin with, so if you really need both blue and pink with them, what you originally had is okay, if a little busy.
  • Options

I hope to God you bought those shoes and necklaces for them.

The sides of the wedding party do not need to match all colors. Are you going to have a pop of pink? If you really want the groom to stand out like you do, have him wear the lighter suit with a matching gray vest and a white tie. Then yeah, do marine for everyone else. The GMs were better to begin with, so if you really need both blue and pink with them, what you originally had is okay, if a little busy.

Yes, I'm buying the necklace and shoes for my maids. As well as lots of other presents. I'm kinda spoiling them. They don't seem to mind :-)

• Options
    If you haven't answered about the color of the shirts I really hope that they're white.   If not I am not a fan of that color.

I'm a fan of having the GM and GM in the same suits but changing the ties or pocket squares.  

The BM color coordinating sounds like it's cute but could venture into the overkill territory.   

I'll also echo @flantastic.   @Knottiedb01ad207c236d23 I hope you're picking up the tab for the shoes and necklaces for the BMs.   That plus dresses is too much to ask them to buy.

Also, in all of this with the GM, please ensure that what you're proposing is within their budgets. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    If you haven't answered about the color of the shirts I really hope that they're white.   If not I am not a fan of that color.

I'm a fan of having the GM and GM in the same suits but changing the ties or pocket squares.  

The BM color coordinating sounds like it's cute but could venture into the overkill territory.   

I'll also echo @flantastic.   @Knottiedb01ad207c236d23 I hope you're picking up the tab for the shoes and necklaces for the BMs.   That plus dresses is too much to ask them to buy.

Also, in all of this with the GM, please ensure that what you're proposing is within their budgets. 

Yes shirts are white. Paying for shoes and necklaces.

I won a discount at a bridal show so all the GM's got $40 off. The jacket is what determines the price everything else can be changed without the price increasing.

• Options

I think your guys will be much happier if you do this.  You could always have them wearing boutonnieres with some pink flowers.  Technically, bouts and pocket squares are not supposed to be worn together, but that is not as strict as it used to be.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I think you should not have different colored vests and suits. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    Agree that it would be fine to have your groom in a different colour than the GM, but in each suit, match the vest to the suit. Black or navy for the groom, navy or grey for the GM. Or different shades of grey for both. You can pick up the marine colour of the BM dresses in the tie.
  • Options
    I agree with some of the other PPs, nix the pink, keep vest, jacket and pants all one uniform color.