Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Processional

I'm trying to pick my processional order. I'm a bit confused with what is okay to change. The best man is my brother and the maid of honor is my fiancé sister. We're having his niece and nephew as junior bridesmaids and junior groomsmen. Along with them cousins we're close to will be junior bridesmaids and groomsmen. The kids are ages eight and ten. I was thinking to making it less hectic for the kids and us we were thinking of having the best man and maid of honor walk in first instead of last so the kids remember where to stand. Is that okay to do or would it look bad?

Re: Wedding Processional

• It will be fine. 
  • You can put your wp in any order that makes sense for you.  

TBH, a pair of 8 and 10 year olds should be able to walk down the aisle and take their places up front if given simple instructions. That's actually a perfect age for kids to participate, they're old enough to appreciate the honor.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    That's fine. The order of the processional is strictly up to you, but it makes sense to me to have the kids follow your MOH.

Edited to add: Since the only things the kids can't do that adults can are sign your marriage license as witnesses, drink alcohol and visit adults-only establishments, please drop the "junior" and just call them bridesmaids and groomsmen.
  • My flower girls were 7 & 10.  They followed directions from the rehearsal and knew where to stand. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Kids that age are probably used to standing/following in line at school; I think any order would be fine.