Wedding Etiquette Forum

post-brunch invite

My invitations have proven to be the bane of my existence. Despite multiple proofs from different people, I'm still finding things that i missed. Right now, I'm wondering if i need to add an invite card for our post-wedding brunch. We are doing digital RSVPs through our website, and the invite to the brunch is listed there. However, we didn't get an invitation card printed for our paper invites because......well, I'm not sure why, it never came up. What are your thoughts....do people need a paper card letting them know it's happening or is the digital RSVP enough? FWIW, it's a very low-key buffet breakfast at the hotel, come as you are, whenever you want. just an opportunity to say goodbye to whoever wishes to swing by.

Re: post-brunch invite

• I would have a card printed with the brunch information waiting for each hotel guest.  That should solve the problem.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Our morning after breakfast was casual, all-you-can-eat buffet, in the hotel's restaurant, just an opportunity to say goodbye to guests- we didn't need a headcount, so we just spread it by word of mouth.  Do you need a headcount?  If so I'd send an invite/make sure guests rsvp.
  • CMGragain said:
    I would have a card printed with the brunch information waiting for each hotel guest.  That should solve the problem.
    Yep, we are also planning to do this...a welcome card for guests with the timeline of events, welcome note, etc.
  • eileenrob said:
    Our morning after breakfast was casual, all-you-can-eat buffet, in the hotel's restaurant, just an opportunity to say goodbye to guests- we didn't need a headcount, so we just spread it by word of mouth.  Do you need a headcount?  If so I'd send an invite/make sure guests rsvp.
    same, this is exactly what we're doing. i need to double check if we need a legit head count or not. either way, the online RSVP process includes an RSVP to the brunch. When a guest goes to RSVP online, whatever events theyre invited to will show up with a request for them to say if the are attending or not.
  • I wouldn't worry about a paper invite for a brunch.  The times I've attended one, the invitation was by word of mouth.