Wedding Woes
Options

Work anniversary gifts

The company isn't big enough for any sort of "pick from a catalog" gifts. No cash or gift cards. Any ideas?  

Re: Work anniversary gifts

• Options
    We do a Swiss Army watch and a trophy at 20 years.
  • Options
    We have the catalog thing.  I did a watch for 5 yrs and a long string of pearls for 10 yrs.  

How much are you looking to spend?
  • Options

At 10 we get a very nice bouquet of flowers plus a gift card.  They used to do a variety of physical items, like jewelry.  But they have since stopped the physical items and just do the gift card now.   I think we also get gifts at 15, 20, and 25.

Can you offer a small list of things and let the person choose?  For example a set of luggage, a Kitchen Aid Mixer, box of Omaha Steaks, or a Beer, Wine or Cheese of the Month type place?  Or whatever your price point is.

• Options
    Depending on the anniversary, what about a pen with engraving? Or something along those lines
  • Options
    I always liked it when my boss would take me out to lunch. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Can you give us a rough price range?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Of course they didn't tell me budget. I like the list idea with something in a similar price point but different categories. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    The list idea got shut down. $25-50 something positive and fun. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    @ernursej I can actually think of oodles of things in that price point but none that would appeal to everyone. 

My my husband thought of stemware. 
  • Options
    That's such a tough price point, as PP said.  What type of work is it?  Office? Blue Collar? If its an office - a good pen or something for the desk.  Blue Collar - I would look at getting a tool or something specific that would be used during work.

Alternatively, could they offer an extra vacation or personal day for that year as a thank you?
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    @ernursej I can actually think of oodles of things in that price point but none that would appeal to everyone. 

My my husband thought of stemware. 

Agree with the not appealing to everyone. That is why I think of something like  money just being put as an extra on the paycheque (I've never met someone that doesn't like money). A few options would also allow people to choose so if they are a me "ugh a pen, oooooh a coffee card" they would all be satisfied.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    But the ceo doesn't want to give cash. 

It's a tech office. I was also thinking a good waterbottle and I was going to scope any sort of ticket to someplace  it's a different city so I'm not sure what. 
  • Options
    What about a travel coffee mug? Like a nice one. And then put in some nice coffee (or tea) and chocolate?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    How about a bluetooth speaker? Anker makes a great one in the $30 range, and Anker has amazing battery life. My IT manager husband loves his.

Maybe it is just my experience, but I have so many travel mugs/water bottles already that I pitch any new ones I am given. I literally have a card board box full of new ones I have never used in the basement. Those seem to be one of those things you give when you don't know what to give, and everyone I know has a million.
  • Options
    S'well bottles (they have fun colors and patterns).  Or a hydroflask.  Or a tervis with their fave team (do you know that information?). 

Stemware is meh, IMO.  Unless you can find some that have fun patterns.  Also, I prefer stemless wine glasses.   The only ones I use that have stems are my plastic ones that I use outside sometimes. 

A picnic pack (a backpack with plates, silverware, wineglasses, and a blanket)?

I also like the idea of a bluetooth speaker.  JBL has some nice ones and they come in a lot of colors.  I bought one for the kiddo for Christmas last year. 
  • Options
    Booze? If that person drinks, find out what their preference is (vodka, gin, bourbon, red wine) and get them something nice in the $25-$50 range...
  • Options
    We do the catalogue thing. You get a "company swag" item (jewelry, watch, trophy, office decor, etc.) and you get to pick something from a catalogue. I got a company watch (bulova, company logo, leather strap) and a ring (silver and yellow gold, large blue topaz) for my 10th anniversary in 2016.
  • Options
    I get to keep my job the next day.  (14 years was 2 days ago)

Maybe a custom shaped or engraved cutting board (the state, company logo, initials, last name)?  Or a month's subscription to Audible or Sirius or something for the commute?  
  • Options
    My bosses pretty frequently get me gifts in that price range, almost always wine or rum (since those are my preferred types of booze, and they know that). I think edible is the best for that budget, since most other things can too often end up feeling a little trinket-y. If company culture or personal preference doesn't allow for booze, what about high-end chocolates or one of those edible arrangement bouquets? Nice tea or fancy coffee?
  • Options
    On the idea of coffee or tea, what about a gift basket with those things? I know Starbucks does them closer to the holidays, but they may have one now. Costco always has them :)