Catholic Weddings

Convalidation ceremony...advice please!

I am having a catholic church convalidation ceremony, hopefully in December. Are both witnesses allowed to be women? 
And btw, can anybody tell me a little about what is the norm for convalidation ceremonies? Are all the usual wedding traditions kept? 
Thanks for all the help!

Re: Convalidation ceremony...advice please!

• To the church, a convalidation IS the actual marriage. The "con" in this case means "along with". The term is referring to the fact that the priest is not acting in the legal sense, but as a representative for the church to witness your marriage in the church. It depends on what you mean by "usual wedding traditions".  I've seen some convalidations that are as big as the usual wedding that is also the legal marriage. 

REgarding witnesses, as your priest that one. 

• Ask the priest for the witnesses, some are particular, others could give a rip as long as there are witnesses.  

As for the convalidation itself, this can really depend on you and FI and what your wishes are, it could be during/after a regular mass similar to a Baptism, or just the two of you with witnesses mid-day during the week, or it could be the full shebang!  Weddings at the Vatican fit this category because the legal marriage takes place in the couple's home country within 30 days prior to the service there since there isn't the dual legal/sacramental taking place such as here where priests are essentially deputized to perform legal marriages at the same time as the sacramental marriage.