Wedding Invitations & Paper

Trying to print labels is driving me nuts

Hello fellow brides to be!

So I put all my guest info into a lovely little spreadsheet in Google Sheets. Downloaded some add-on called AVERY MAIL MERGE that PROMISED me that it could print labels aligned correctly with template 5160. Well, every time I test it, try it, etc. different labels come out wrong. And I mean really messed up looking. Is there a sane way to do this? 

Can they do this for me at Kinkos or Staples?? I would seriously pay someone money to print these damn things.

I have zero interest in printing on envelopes, and have about 50 to send out. 

Re: Trying to print labels is driving me nuts

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    Hello fellow brides to be!

So I put all my guest info into a lovely little spreadsheet in Google Sheets. Downloaded some add-on called AVERY MAIL MERGE that PROMISED me that it could print labels aligned correctly with template 5160. Well, every time I test it, try it, etc. different labels come out wrong. And I mean really messed up looking. Is there a sane way to do this? 

Can they do this for me at Kinkos or Staples?? I would seriously pay someone money to print these damn things.

I have zero interest in printing on envelopes, and have about 50 to send out. 
    I am sorry, but printed sticky labels are NOT the way to go for addressing your wedding invitations.  Your wedding invitations are one of the most important things you will ever mail to people, and they deserve more than sticky labels.  This is not etiquette approved.  Sticky labels are for junk mail.

If you are willing to pay someone to do this, then find someone who would be willing to hand address your invitations properly.  50 is not that many.  I'm sure there are many people who  would like a little extra money for an easy job like this.  I could do 50 invitations in about 2 hours.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I use avery all the time for work and don't have an issue. Are you sure you are not allowing it to "resize" before printing, the default is for it to do so.

I must also add that I highly agree with the others. Hand-write your addresses, it took me 3 nights to do 180 invites. 
  • scribe95 said:
    I think it is better form to hand address your invitations anyway. Just do 10 a night and it will be over quick. 
    H & I made a rule that we could only watch TV if we were also addressing STDs/invites/thank yous. Couldn't believe how fast we got them done! 

Depending on who you're ordering through, some printing services will pre-print your envelopes for you. Minted for sure does. Although this won't help if you've already ordered them, advice for lurkers!