Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Chatham Beach and Tennis Club?

Hi gals, 

My FMIL is a member of the Chatham Beach and Tennis Club and she kindly forwarded me all info about getting married there.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm surprised I'd have to rent everything - from silverware to tables and chairs to napkins, even a tent when our wedding will be just 75 people.

It's basically going to cost $22,000 to sit and eat. I still have to hire a bartender and buy alcohol.

Is this crazy? Am I just having wedding sticker shock? I thought keeping the guest list small would somehow make things cheaper...

ACM

Re: Chatham Beach and Tennis Club?

• edited September 2017
    Nope that's exactly what i found. I'm getting married at the a diy type venue and it's the same tent tables catering bartending even port a potties for extra restrooms near the tent. I will say that having this kind of venue means you can personalize your reception a lot more than if you went with a traditional resort and had 3 menus to choose from. And it can be cheaper. I hinted high and low and got multiple quotes from vendors to bring down the costs. Fyi if you find a vendor off cape willing to travel it's normally cheaper. I used websites like gigsalad and thumbtack.