New Jersey
Options

Catholic Couple Living together

Hi all,

im recently engaged, and starting to seriously look at venues and churches for the ceremony. I know we need to find a priest to agree to marry us first, and so I wanted to ask any North Jersey brides if they had any luck or trouble finding a priest to marry you if you and your fiancé were living together. I'm in the Jersey City/Hoboken area, and there are a few beautiful churches I'm looking into registering at, but I'm also open to the idea of going a little further west too. Please let me know if you can think of any priests in the area who will not mind me and my fiancé living together!

Thanks!!

Re: Catholic Couple Living together

• Options
    It probably depends on the priest. My sister is catholic and married a catholic...they lived together for two years prior and it was not an issue.
  • Options
    My husband and I got married at St John the Baptist Church on Kennedy Blvd. We are both catholic and have been living together for over 7 years, it was never an issue. You should be fine.
  • Options
    My husband and I did Pre-Cana at the Catholic church in Hoboken, and the Priest was WONDERFUL. He made a ton of jokes about everyone living together and was overall very laid back. I don't think you'll have a problem at any of the Hoboken/JC churches.