Wedding Woes

New forum board link...JIC

Considering almost nobody could log into TK for almost a week, I created a new Wedding Woes forum board on ProBoards.

JIC it happens again, here is the link:

http://weddingwoes.freeforums.net/

Funny enough, I just created it this morning and then got word that TK was finally working again, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New forum board link...JIC

• Look at you thinkin ahead ;)
  • Look at you thinkin ahead ;)

I had to do something.  I missed you guys!  <3

A few of us, who are in a Fantasy Football league together, were able to keep in touch.  I broached the idea with them and they also thought it was a good idea, so I set the board up.

Then whatever was wrong here got fixed at about the same time, which is even better!

But I'm keeping that board...jic, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last time, we had to travel to Mexico on The Nest for a while.

WW is actually the result of a mass migration from another board waaaay back in the day.  I can't remember what now.  I need HMonkey.  
  • I didn't like Mexico. Boo

I've been too busy at work to notice people were having problems. Yes, we need HMonkey more around here. Her memory is like no other.

• VarunaTT said:
    Last time, we had to travel to Mexico on The Nest for a while.

WW is actually the result of a mass migration from another board waaaay back in the day.  I can't remember what now.  I need HMonkey.  

I used to be a regular on the Money Matters board at The Nest.  That website bit the dust a long time ago, mostly because of login issues.  Shocker.

The small group of us left on that board moved our group over to Facebook.  It was disappointing.  That probably happened a year ago and, while our group is still active on FB, the activity died way down.

The TTC board on The Nest might still be active.  It wasn't a board I hung out on, but they seemed to still be pretty active when we left.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:

I used to be a regular on the Money Matters board at The Nest.  That website bit the dust a long time ago, mostly because of login issues.  Shocker.

The small group of us left on that board moved our group over to Facebook.  It was disappointing.  That probably happened a year ago and, while our group is still active on FB, the activity died way down.

The TTC board on The Nest might still be active.  It wasn't a board I hung out on, but they seemed to still be pretty active when we left.

I was on the Money Matters group briefly awhile ago and when I was there, they said it was only one that was active lol
  • VarunaTT said:

I was on the Money Matters group briefly awhile ago and when I was there, they said it was only one that was active lol

Out of curiosity, I just popped over to The Nest.  Nobody has posted on ANY of the boards since August, of this year.  The last post in Money Matters was in July and the last post in Getting Pregnant (this is the other active board I was thinking of) was April.

I could understand if someone on MM said it was the only active board.  Getting Pregnant was also an active board, but not necessarily one you would think of unless in that group.

The Politics board would occasionally have flurries of activity.  But that was mostly people from the MM board taking their political discussions over there.

The Money Matters group on Facebook is a closed one.  But let me know if you would ever like to join.  The discussions are a nice mix of social, along with all kinds of money tips and ideas on saving/investing/budgeting/anything you can think of.

There are two women who are currently expecting and two women who just had babies a few months ago.  So there are also discussions about costs associated with babies and all their stuff. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahhh, Mexico. Most of the nest migrated to pro boards. 

I wasn't too active pre-wedding woes,  it I was a big lurker then. 
  • Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
  • Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
    The nest had a board for Mexico that nobody used. When the knot was messed up we'd go over there to post. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
    The nest had a board for Mexico that nobody used. When the knot was messed up we'd go over there to post. 
    Like just a non used board for people in Mexico?? I imagine that’s how the NYE clique got started here.
  • 6fsn said:
    Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
    Like just a non used board for people in Mexico?? I imagine that’s how the NYE clique got started here.
    Hey I was kind of nervous to ask... I disappeared for awhile myself but what happened to the NEY clique? One day I logged in and that board was completely dead. 

• HOLY ballsack I can log in now. I had so many questions! I had to answer them all myself :(

• 6fsn said:
    Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
    Hey I was kind of nervous to ask... I disappeared for awhile myself but what happened to the NEY clique? One day I logged in and that board was completely dead. 
    Drama then it basically died off. I was on NEY for awhile
  • Thanks @short+sassy
    I joined the new board JIC :) I’m glad TK is back though!
  •  I can finally log in today! I was able to post over on TB, but not over here, which was weird. I even tried creating a new log in. 
  • I joined the new board! Thanks for setting it up, @short+sassy!! Thank gif TK is back - I also thought it was their way of finally getting rid of Community.
  • 6fsn said:
    Okay, I’m curious.
    What’s the Mexico thing?
    And here I thought it was just me with login in problems.  At least I could still read the Prudie posts.  

There is a Destination Mexico location board for people doing a DW there.  I think there were 6 posts last time I looked.  Most people used to go the DW board instead 

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    Well, my daughter picked the right week to visit.  I have been up to my neck in Grandbabies, and I haven't event checked TK.  Wow.  God knew what he was doing when he left having babies to the young people!  DH had a good time with the 4 year old.  the 16 month old was adorable, but in the throws of separation anxiety.  He didn't like Nana.  She was the wrong face.  Hardly had time to talk seriously with DD.

OMG, I haven't posted for a week, and I just posted this without having to log on at all!  Maybe they were fixing the log on problem?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks for doing this!
  • L&L FOR LIFE
    (Sorry, had to throw that int here)