Wedding Woes

Monday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2017 in Wedding Woes
How was the weekend?  

Ours did not turn out as planned, but that's OK.  FIL decided to call off the camping trip on Friday because the weather was shit.  I was OK with it because I was concerned about FIL trying to set up camp with my kids and his dog in the rain (and then the rain turned into sleet).  I was actually up worrying about it around 4am Friday morning. 

So DH came home Friday night,  but not before going to look at a truck. DH has been lamenting buying a sporty car (WRX) vs. a truck last year.  He's been asking me on and off about trading in his car and I was very anti about the whole thing and all, "We need to be adults and live with our decisions."  So I was highly annoyed that he was at the dealership and I refused to have anything to do with the process, until they paid off the car we were trading in and came at me with the right payment.  I was such a hard-ass about it that the salesman was basically afraid of me.  ;) 

DH went to FIL's after we got the truck.  I went shopping and watched movies Saturday night.  Yesterday, I puttered around the kitchen for a few hours and then got ALL the laundry done and put away.  I also purged DefConn's drawers and room.  DH took DefConn to a Pacers game with his dad and dad's best friend yesterday afternoon (his dad's friend had free club level tix). 

I didn't get as much done as I planned since the camping trip was canceled, but the bonus alone time with DH was really nice.  :) And I'm glad the truck thing worked out even though I was initially against it (I was mostly against the car-buying process and didn't want to get screwed).  DefConn's a full on country boy and I don't think I've ever seen a kid so happy that his dad got a truck.  I'll post a pic of the cuteness.  

Re: Monday

• Such...a...long...weekend....

Friday night I feel like there was something but I can't even remember.

Saturday morning we cleaned the house top to bottom then went to a bday party.  We got home at 3 and DH got a call that his grandma was not doing well (there is much fuckery around this, but I won't go into detail here).  DH left for the night.  We had planned on appetizers and game night so I got stuck making all of the food and playing all of the games and carving the pumpkins.

Sunday morning Max and I went to church (10:20)then straight to a bday party (12:30-2:30).  We got home long enough to change and all of us head back to church for a service for M2 (4-4:45).  DH and 6let left straight from there for a soccer scrimmage that identifies players for next year (5-7!)  Soccer is OVER.  DH did say 6let did really well.  He was grouped with the very top players and was showing some really great stuff.  The top 24 in his age will be picked next year for a pre-academy team.  The director of that team new all sorts of the things about 6let so YAY!

• Friday was my day off. Friend asked to move lunch back to Saturday, so I slept in and then played video games for most of the day. DK worked from home because they were supposed to deliver sod, and arranged for a guy to pick up some fish in the afternoon. This was disappointing because it meant that i needed to put on pants, and frankly was too much work. The sod never got delivered, and there was some fuckery with getting a pizza for dinner. (Our usual place had their online ordering down, and wasn't answering the phone. Ended up ordering from Papa John's, who took 50 minutes for the damn pizza, after quoting 16-26. I got there at 30 minutes to pick up and stood around for 20 because it still wasn't ready.)

Saturday - woke up around 1:00 after staying up late on Friday. (Like I fell asleep at 3 or 4 am.) Friend had to cancel for lunch, so this wasn't a big deal. DK woke up to find that the sod fairy had shown up, so went to get a tiller, and had nearly finished when I woke up. We went to DK's fish club's annual Halloween party on Saturday night, and had a blast. DK didn't have a costume, so I suggested that he dress up as one of the (female) officers of the club. I'm all, "buy a wig, wear your club t-shirt with a name tag, and i'll do your makeup." The group thought it was hilarious, and he won first place for the costume contest. 

Sunday - i literally stayed up all night reading (not by choice) and didn't fall asleep until around 8 am. I was out until 3:30pm. Dk was super understanding. I made dinner while watching the Penguins embarass themselves, and then stayed up to watch the Astros win their game. ... and then stayed up another ~2 hours because my body is still firmly convinced that it's in Australia. 

I've never had jet lag this bad before - i need to find a way to kick this because i'm going on line 3 hours of sleep today, and it's not sustainable. 

• @banana468 hahaha! What did your H say when she said that? I love when kids just spout off things :P 

Friday I was never so glad for cancelled plans. Went to bed early and slept about 12hrs .... I have been so exhausted lol

Saturday we lucked out with weather in the morning. We got a wall unit for the basement that friends of ours were getting rid of. While the guys did that, my friend and I went for coffee to chit-chat.

Once that was done, M and I had to go to a celebration of life for sFIL's SIL. It was lovely. It also reminded me why we opted to not do speeches for my dad's. It was hard hearing it, so I can't imagine having to give one.

We found out that a couple people we saw in September for the wedding were wondering if I was pregnant. They're in the medical field, and we weren't even surprised they guessed. Actually the wife - who was a trauma nurse and guessed first - asked MIL and she told me she just confirmed.

Afterwards, we went to my friend's bday/hallowe'en/house warming party. I did my quick 5-min-zombie look lol {which is me legit smearing 3 diff colours on my face, some lines to look cut up and matte liquid lip spots to create texture and bruising}
    I did my friend's makeup - she was Morticia - and even though people loved it, I wish I did a better job. Her lips didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but it was more like "should have used a diff brush for red, and a diff liner for outlining"

Sunday we told M's grandparents that they were going to be great grandparents again.
    They're excited :)
    We were gonna stay for dinner, but I was so tired I was falling asleep so we rain checked it and I went home to take a nap.

We're almost done Stranger Things 2, is anyone else watching? Thoughts?
  • @MissKittyDanger, DH was pretty surprised by the statement and kind of chuckled.  Then we talked to her about the importance of such stuff being private.   
  • @*barbie* I forgot about your jetlag and as I'm reading this I'm thinking why are you staying up so late and how are you sleeping all day.  Ooops!
  • @banana468 our power is out too!  We have the generator hooked up, but I felt bad using energy to blowdry my hair this morning.  I'm embracing the flip.  It went out around 11:30 last night and is expected back by 4-5 according to the latest update.

I didn't mind, but our son was all sorts of thrown off when he couldn't turn on a light this morning and drink his milk while watching a tv show.  He screamed bloody murder!  The boy likes his routine!

This weekend was fun, we went to a Halloween parade in town while DH golfred on Saturday.  DS won 2nd prize in the cutest costume competition.  Then We went to a different parade in a different town in the evening when DH was done.  That one was fun too.

Yesterday was rough. . . . DS was a pill, not interested in being cooped up in the house all day.  I get it.  He also woke up at about 4:45 yesterday and today so I was way shorter with him than I should have been.  I feel terrible.

I got to go see Rocky Horror Picture Show at a local theater with some girlfriends last night. I never go out with my friends (pathetic I know).  It was a ton of fun.

Now I'm getting through the workday trying to think of good, healthy dinner ideas.  We are trying to cook more and healthier at home.  Tonight I'm going to try a turkey meatloaf cupcake with mashed potato frosting. . . . DS loves anything that looks like a cupcake, so maybe that'll convince him to eat something other than noodles!

• Weekend was fun! My parents came over and we went out to dinner. They babysat so DH and I could go out to a Halloween party with a live band (80's music, really great). We did homemade costumes of Taylor Swift and Keith Richards and they turned out well. 
    It was the latest I've stayed out since.... I can't even remember. We got home at 1am and seriously, I stayed out until barely midnight maybe once while pregnant, so it's been well over a year since I've had a late party night. I was up at 4am to feed DD and up again around 7:15 for more feeding. At least I slept well last night!
    Today after work the daycare has a Halloween party for the parents and kids and DD is dressed in a little pilot uniform onesie. I hope she doesn't have a blow-out before the party! Tomorrow after work we're going to a friend's house for another party. I haven't been this involved in Halloween in years, but it's fun!

• banana468 said:

She ran into the other room when our talk was over and said, "Dad!   You put your penis inside mom!!!"  

@banana468 i can totally see that happening in a few years. Wolverine has gotten part of the sex talk, but nothing on the mechanics of how the sperm and egg get together. 

@kvruns I am a total night owl, so this wouldn't be a huge issue if I didn't have a day job. There's a lot of nights that I'm up until 12 or later, when i still need to be up at 6:30 or so for work. If I could be more flexible with work, I'd probably go to bed around 12-2am, and wake up around 8-10am. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    @kvruns I am a total night owl, so this wouldn't be a huge issue if I didn't have a day job. There's a lot of nights that I'm up until 12 or later, when i still need to be up at 6:30 or so for work. If I could be more flexible with work, I'd probably go to bed around 12-2am, and wake up around 8-10am. 

Preach it!  I have almost the same schedule you have.  I have to force myself to go to sleep earlier than it seems natural.  Because I have to wake up so much earlier than it seems natural for me, lol.

I think one of my biggest motivators to retire early is just so I can keep sleeping in the morning, until I wake up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My latest TK hack.  I keep having this scenario.  I log into TK.  It works for awhile.  Maybe 1-2 hours.  I might have to log in a few more times, but it will work.

And then it stops and it is like it was before, where submitting my login no longer does anything.

The solution I've found that is working...so far.  Close Internet Explorer.  Open TK again.  Now the login works again.  At least for the next 1-2 hours.

No, no.  Just closing and reopening TK doesn't work.  I have to close and reopen IE, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was good, but as always, way way too fast. Friday we stayed in and caught up on work, but Saturday we went out for date night (finally!!). The place was good, not great, but still worth it. Neither of us are Halloween people (at all) so we just went out for dessert and tea after and was a really good night. 

Yesterday we gave the dog a bath, and trimmed the cat's fur, so they were both really angry all day. It was cold and raining so we stayed home to watch football. All in all a really relaxing weekend!
  • Lala9414Lala9414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2017
    I CAN FINALLY LOG IN LONG ENOUGH TO POST!!!!!! 
    TK has been reaaaaallllllly frustrating lately. I log in, start a post just for TK to say "you have to be logged in to do that". Major eye roll.

Weekend was okay, Friday I went to go see my best friend at the hospital. She was in a car accident had had some brain injury, she's doing really well. Her memory is coming back but her brain is racing a million miles a minute so she will be talking and then just start saying random words that don't make sense. It was really hard to see her getting frustrated, I hate that I cannot take all her pain away and help speed along her recovery.

Saturday I took the pup to get spayed, she was supposed to get spayed in June because I have a wellness plan with her vet where the spay is covered by my monthly payments. Well in June when we took her they ran a CBC test and her platelet levels were really low so they couldn't do the surgery. They said she was about to go into her first heat cycle so to just wait it out and come back before the month was over to redo her test. Well my poor pup didn't start her period till the last week of June. Which seems to be no big deal because it's covered in my plan right? Wrong, oh so wrong. They only cover 1 CBC test, and they wanted me to shell out $300 for a new one. I've been fighting with her vet since. Well they wouldn't budge so I took her to a different clinic that helps keep costs low for spaying. I paid $80 and that included the CBC test ;)

Sunday consisted of me taking care of the pup, she freaked out Saturday night as her pain meds wore off but she was still trying to fully come out of anesthesia. I did a lot of sunday lounging with her trying to keep her comfortable. She finally started drinking water and her appetite is back to normal. She has some discomfort walking but she seems to be getting better. She was really whiny in the morning but I can't blame her lol. She just wanted cuddles.

Today is SSDD, work work work and then homework for class on Tuesday. I hope everyone is doing well! 

ETF: Words because mobile messed up and changed poor pup to poop pup. I mean shes a little poop head sometimes but not this scenario lol
  • Also, it looks like it's going to snow outside. It probably won't, but it is making me realize I need to find what boxes the coats are in fairly quickly.
  • It was mixed. Beautiful weather (it's really cooled off) but I wasn't feeling too well on Saturday. Yesterday made up for it though.
  • Sounds like a lot of you had a fun and festive weekend before Halloween!

My H and I had a boring, but relaxing weekend, lol.  Unfortunately, we were forced to listen to other people party.  There is a huge festival (Voodoo Fest)every year over Halloween weekend.  Despite the fact that this festival is a bit over a mile away from where we live, we could still hear loud noise from it.  Pretty much the whole weekend.  Ugh, obnoxious.

As expected, it was chilly this weekend.  Well.  Chilly for us anyway.  And we finally broke down and turned on the heater Sat. afternoon.  But we're back in the '70s this week.

Our animals (cat and dog) are so funny when the temp drops!  We give them the nickname, "Heatie Whores".  They're pretty social and cuddly anyway.  But, when it's cold, their need for snuggles really amps up.  Especially the cat.  Who, when not on someone's lap, will be camped out in front of the heater.

My H, even around the house, will often wear this light, zippered fleecy jacket in the winter.  If our cat is sitting on his lap, she'll sometimes climb up and will start to pull on one side of the jacket opening.  That's the cue that she wants him to unzip the jacket.  Let her climb inside.  And then zip it back up again with her snuggled inside.  Just her head sticks out.  It's the cutest!

Our dog.  Who usually loves to go outside.  Will start pointedly pretending to ignore you when you're trying to encourage her to go out, if the temp is below 55ish, lol.  If she were a child, she'd put her hands over her ears and say, "Lalala, I can't hear you.  Lalala."

We keep joking to her that "one of these days, we're going to take you to see snow, then you can see what real outside cold is!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  that's adorable and hilarious with your pets. Yeh your pup hasn't seen anything, until you get a week of -40 ;)
    Angel kinda does that but he loves snuggles in general. At night he'll snuggle up to me and get so close I don't have a choice but to put the blanket over him :P

Last year I didn't want to turn the heat on right away, but had to because the cats kept throwing stuff off the bed to get under the blankets all the time.

"Heatie Whores" is a great term :')
  • Our weekend wasn't particularly exciting, but we did get up to a few things.

On Friday we did some house tidying, and moved some furniture around for our new roommate (moving in tonight).

Saturday I ran stairs with the dork (as is our normal routine), followed by more housework, an epic nap, Costco and then a date with DH (we went to the Keg as we had gift cards).  We got in at a reasonable time, and rented Spiderman Homecoming on iTunes and hung out, as we were far too full to do anything else.

Sunday we slept in and decided to do church from home (yay for live stream), followed by naps and a trip to a farm park place with a petting zoo and 'train rides'.  Dork seemed to enjoy it, and it was good to get out with her.  I also had my first soccer game of the indoor season last night, and while we lost, I feel like I played well and that my work in the gym is paying off as I was much less winded than I normally am after my shifts.

• It was rather meh.  There's a lot lining up for me to have an OHAI DEPRESSION episode, but it hit earlier than usual for seasonal.  This is the 2nd year anniversary of all of the shit in my life hitting the fan and me blowing everything up (absolutely all my own doing).  I think I'm in a space where I don't feel bitter or angry anymore about the marriage/divorce, but I hold a deep sadness about it all, for many reasons, some okay, some not so okay.  Then, I started my damn period.  And K isn't use to my depressive episodes, so it was kind of a rocky weekend.  I slept A LOT, watched some TV, ate some good homecooked food, and helped a friend plan her outfit/makeup for a super fancy event.  Today feels a lot better.
  • @VarunaTT unfortunate for your rocky weekend :( Hopefully you feel better and take care of yourself. It's good you recognize it though <3