Iowa-Des Moines

Married YAY!!! Mad at planner now... ARGH!!!!

Last minute, my FI and I decided to hire a wedding planner to set up/take down our ceremony decor and reception decor.  We put everything we made together in about 30ish boxes and labled them all.  I also made diagrams of what the tables should look like, room layout, candy table layout, etc.  We brought them to her house the Wednesday before the wedding, when she informed us she was going to California for a week but had another planner taking over who was "great".

Long story short, everything went wrong. 
- They didn't put our reserved signs on any of the tables so my mom had to have our DJ had to "kick people out" of their seats while we were taking our formal pictures so that family could sit there.  She missed all the pictures.
- Our centerpieces were missing all their votive candles with glass holders. On some tables they sat LED candles on them which we had used for lanterns at the ceremony (which somehow they assembled upside down!) These weren't even inside any holder, just sat on the table - looked very cheap. They were missing all mirrors (said they lost them), and some tables were evenmissing the entire centerpiece! (Keep in mind we had made 4 extras!) 
- Our "theme" was travel.  We spend HOURS (as I'm sure you ladies have too) making signs for each table that said "Welcome to" and then a place we had been.  We printed tons of pictures of us in that place to put on the tables with the signs. I bundled the pictures with the signs and a rubberband so they were kept together. Several tables were missing these as well. 
- Our candy table was missing all the scoops
- the "screen" behind our cake table fell into the cake
- none of the floating candles in the centerpieces were lit when we got to the reception and my FI's sister had to light them.
- the aisle had goldfish in vases with green "plants" in rocks at the bottom.  Several of these plants were floating at the top because they didn't use enough rocks. 
- Hard to explain but the base was a glass block with a blue LED in it.  It was turned the wrong way so you couldnt see the light when you entered the ceremony. You only saw solid white, which was the side of the blocks.
- Our "candle lighter" for the ceremony was missing its wick.  She said she'd bring it back but never did.

Theres much more we have written down.  It was an entire notebook page.  She said she'd give us our money back, but I don't feel like thats enough.  On the other hand, I know she can't rewind time and make it all ok.

I went to google to write a bad review and she has uploaded a bunch of the pictures I found online and sent to her as ideas for us!!!  She's acting like she did these!!!

PS I forgot to say that we found out she had no crew -- We found out at our rehearsal dinner that she went to the church and hired them to set it all up and take it all down!!!  They were clueless and kept asking us questions about what to do.  She told use she had 6 people doing it who had worked with her for years!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Married YAY!!! Mad at planner now... ARGH!!!!

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry it went this way!!! Was she with a company? That is totally crazy!

I'm glad you are married, and can't wait to see your pictures!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    She "owns a company" called Perfect events ... (PERFECT MY A... you get it!)  They're on BBB ...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    lol, I'd make a complaint with the BBB, I've looked up several vendors on the BBB website, they will show the complaint on there!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011

that totally bites that things turned out that way.  I would also do a review on the knot/wedding channel vendor review.  Although a word of warning, and not saying this is going to happen to you... I got a little annoyed with a vendor I wrote a bad review on because he kept bugging me about taking the review down and made semi veiled threats about "other actions".  Anyway, that was off topic.  Don't be afraid to write an honest review.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards