Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Beautiful cake trends

Designing the cake was one of my favorite parts. I want a cake do over!  I'd go with: enchanted forest but I also love the classic bas relief. 

https://now.ruelala.com/bas-relief-wedding-cake-trend/

Re: Beautiful cake trends

• Some of those are so pretty!  We kept our cake design pretty simple (all white buttercream with a couple of pink flowers here and there) but I do appreciate when food becomes art (as long as it tastes good lol).

H and I actually have a wedding cake do over- or maybe repeat- every year.  Our wedding cake was red velvet with cannoli cream filling and the aforementioned buttercream frosting...we order a small cake exactly like that on our anniversary from our favorite bakery :) 
  • eileenrob said:
    Some of those are so pretty!  We kept our cake design pretty simple (all white buttercream with a couple of pink flowers here and there) but I do appreciate when food becomes art (as long as it tastes good lol).

H and I actually have a wedding cake do over- or maybe repeat- every year.  Our wedding cake was red velvet with cannoli cream filling and the aforementioned buttercream frosting...we order a small cake exactly like that on our anniversary from our favorite bakery :) 
    That is such a neat way to celebrate!
  • Doh!  I wish I had a pic handy of mine.

My mom ordered it from a Hawaiian bakery in San Diego.  We didn't have a tropical theme but, since our topper was a bride/groom rubber ducks, the top of the cake looked like water/ocean.

It was a fairly simple design, but my mom had the florist throw in some extra loose flowers (orchids) to match our floral decorations.  My mom decorated the cake with the extra flowers.

I'm a fan of fresh flowers on a cake anyway.  I loved it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker