Attire & Accessories Forum

What to do after makeup trial?

My makeup trial is coming up and it seems like a shame to spend an hour doing makeup just to wash it all off. What can I do all fancy like that?

Re: What to do after makeup trial?

• Engagement photos, go out with friends or FI, take some really good selfies?

• DH and I went out for dinner. I can’t remember if it was fancy or casual but he definitely remarked that it was weird to look at me with so much makeup on, lol.
  • Yup I asked FI to take me for a date night. Engagement or bridal shots would also be a good use for the day
  • DH and I went out for dinner. I can’t remember if it was fancy or casual but he definitely remarked that it was weird to look at me with so much makeup on, lol.
    I got mine done at sephora for my gender reveal (I know I'm extra) because I needed to buy $50 of makeup any way. All night he and my dad wouldn't stop staring at me and telling me how weird I looked- and I'm a makeup person normally! just not normally usually wearing false lashes in my kitchen/backyard lol

• I had my make up trial the day before the wedding so the MUA wouldn't forget my critiques and what I wanted. Our rehearsal dinner was that night so I got to look pretty for that! Looking back, I'd do it exactly the same way again.
    *********************************************************************************

• I had my make up trial the day before the wedding so the MUA wouldn't forget my critiques and what I wanted. Our rehearsal dinner was that night so I got to look pretty for that! Looking back, I'd do it exactly the same way again.
    That's a great idea, I wish I had thought of that. 
  • I went to Target and some other errands  :D
  • eileenrob said:
    I went to Target and some other errands  :D
    I'm pretty sure this is what I did too hahaha. And also took a bunch of great selfies. My wedding was pretty formal/fancy on a Saturday night in an art gallery in the city, and I had a beaded dress, so of course I wanted fancy makeup (and I did a bold red lip)...but I was dead set on making sure I still "looked like me". I hate, hate, hate, hate when brides don't look like themselves on their wedding day. 

My advice: it's probably normal to feel a bit awkward going to Target with a full face of makeup, but if you feel awkward going to dinner with the makeup on from the trial, it's probably not the right makeup for you. 

And whatever you do, don't wash it off right away! You'll probably be wearing it for 8-10 hours on your wedding day, you want to see how it lasts!