Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thread deleted. Again?

So what's with the thread being deleted? The one about the OP asking what to do about the friend "playing" her. 

Re: Thread deleted. Again?

• Is deleting threads on request a new policy @KnotHolly? I'm not on board with that. 

• When the OP commented at one point “whatever this will be deleted soon” I was thinking “girrrll...”.  I was clearly wrong  :#
  • levioosa said:
    That 'deleted member' must be super sensitive. She's upset because she thinks her friend lied about wanting to go to her wedding and she got her account deleted because no one thought it was an offense worth ending a friendship over.
    The whole time I kept thinking, "how does she survive life?" No one was even remotely "attacking" her or even really snarky. We were all just confused. If she takes offense that easily on an online forum, real life must be really hard and full of drama for her. 
    Good start to the special snowflake season though!

• edited December 2017
    I have a message from @KnotHolly. Knottie#s requested that her account be deleted. The administrator who deleted the account accidentally deleted the thread. The policy on deleting threads and accounts hasn't changed.

• levioosa said:
    That 'deleted member' must be super sensitive. She's upset because she thinks her friend lied about wanting to go to her wedding and she got her account deleted because no one thought it was an offense worth ending a friendship over.
    The whole time I kept thinking, "how does she survive life?" No one was even remotely "attacking" her or even really snarky. We were all just confused. If she takes offense that easily on an online forum, real life must be really hard and full of drama for her. 

I know it sounds crazy, but there are a lot of people in this world who seem to thrive on drama and it's like they always have to be angry about something, even when life is going well.

It's such a sad and harsh way to go through life.  Don't sweat the small stuff and embrace the joys.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2017
    I have a message from @KnotHolly. Knottie#s requested that her account be deleted. The administrator who deleted the account accidentally deleted the thread. The policy on deleting threads and accounts hasn't changed.

Somehow I doubt that. They can't make a new coherent policy so they'll just grease the squeaky wheels and pretend it was an accident. I'll believe it if the (tame) thread returns. Thanks for the update, though, @MairePoppy.
    KnotHolly also said it is not possible to restore deleted posts, which I believe because this site has always been buggy and the techs never fix anything.
    I think that if the account is deleted and content deleted, the posts can't be restored. That's something only the administrators can do. Mods do not get the delete account requests that are sent to the email address.

Some of the long time members may recall the mod who went rogue and banned everyone who posted on her board. Fun times. For that reason we have not been given the nuclear codes.

• I have a message from @KnotHolly. Knottie#s requested that her account be deleted. The administrator who deleted the account accidentally deleted the thread. The policy on deleting threads and accounts hasn't changed.

Somehow I doubt that. They can't make a new coherent policy so they'll just grease the squeaky wheels and pretend it was an accident. I'll believe it if the (tame) thread returns. Thanks for the update, though, @MairePoppy.
    I'm just waiting for them to delete the forum and then reintroduce it with some changes in six months or a year.
    If that means the log in issues would be fixed, I might be ok with that. :D

Amen!!!  We've been battling major tech problems at work for the last 6 weeks.

I come over to TK for a break from it...that's a mistake, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker